Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/7/2022, 3:48 AM

@Former user

Hi

. . . . does anyone have any info on ANY beta testing regarding AP????? or is this software 'tot' ? . . . .

The Acid range of products are 'alive and kicking', there have been some bugs with Acid Pro 10.

As far as beta testing info goes, in any company/organisation this is confidential information that is between Beta testers and the developers and is not for public release.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Air wrote on 1/7/2022, 8:34 AM

thank you John, but it has been awhile since there were any updates or 'bug fixes' to AP and I was curious as to its status as a 'living' program. cheers

blake-fast wrote on 1/19/2022, 9:12 AM

some bugs in acid pro 10 ? john sir you are a comedian your talents are wasted here you should be on tv making people laugh i havent laughed so much after reading that for years , some bugs he he, thats some understatement huge !

Tinus72 wrote on 1/20/2022, 9:28 AM

some bugs in acid pro 10 ? john sir you are a comedian your talents are wasted here you should be on tv making people laugh i havent laughed so much after reading that for years , some bugs he he, thats some understatement huge !

have to agree, full of bugs, had the joyfull experiance working with support, no debug tooling what so ever for corrupted project files, i have so many hours down the toilet, tip save twice after every change in projects, close and load, hope it does not crap out and continue creating. LOL

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 1/21/2022, 3:05 AM

😁😂😂 You made me laugh. But be careful though, admins are very sensitive around here. I stopped commenting here a long time ago as its the frustrated users vs admins while Magix is taking their sweet time. But ya, I haven't been able to creat anything in any versions ranging from 8 to 10. I am still on version 7.

Petet wrote on 1/23/2022, 2:50 PM

Uninstall acid 10 and install version 10.0.2 build 20 - its the only solid version thats ever worked for me. Doesn't forget fx presets, not buggy and side chain works fine etc etc.

Former user wrote on 1/23/2022, 3:08 PM

@Petet, that sounds like a rather good idea. But where can one get a copy of 10.0.2 b20 ?

sheppo wrote on 1/26/2022, 5:31 AM

There used to be private, and public beta tests. Private was invite only, but public was available to anyone with an active license and replaced the private beta test. I've seen nothing to indicate that either of these would stop existing for any future releases, but I have heard nothing more than that.

If it reverts back to private I'll see what can be done about ensuring there are ample active people involved from the forum

Former user wrote on 1/26/2022, 1:47 PM

Sorry for any misunderstanding but what I meant in my original comment was, is there ANY beta testing going on not details of what they are testing. Just wondering if this program (AP10) was moving forward or is to be left like Sony did to AP7...10 years without an update? Cheers

sheppo wrote on 1/27/2022, 4:45 AM

gotcha..

there's not any external testing going on that I am aware of, but I have been told by Magix that stem maker would return in a later version of Acid. The implication being that the application is still being supported and developed.

So no, it doesn't look like they've tombstoned the application as Acid's previous owners did.