Beats

Ikonik wrote on 1/22/2024, 6:19 PM

I know you cant actually sell any beats you make in MMM, either non - commercial or commercial (royalty free), cant upload beats to beatstars, etc but if you paid or someone charged you to sing, rap, etc on a beat you made using commercial (royalty free) loops can you then profit from the final product?

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/22/2024, 7:14 PM

@Ikonik Yes, you can use the loops you bought for your projects as you see fit. But I'm pretty sure this needs to be your projects because you cannot transfer the license to another party (project of another artist). They would need their own licenses.

Ikonik wrote on 1/23/2024, 5:30 PM

@SP. when you say "They would need their own licenses" do you mean they would need to own the same commercial royalty-free loops as me?

SP. wrote on 1/23/2024, 5:37 PM

@Ikonik In my opinion, yes they also need the license. The EULA specifies:

No additional rights are granted to the customer beyond the rights outlined above. In particular, the customer does not receive the right to ownership of the content, and the customer is not permitted to grant third parties rights to the content (sublicensing forbidden). An assignment of the customer’s rights under this contract is not permitted.

https://producerplanet.com/pdf/royalty-free-commercial-license-en.pdf

So I understand this in a way, that you cannot sell your composition to someone else who then edits and releases it under their name.

Ikonik wrote on 1/23/2024, 5:52 PM

@SP. What if I release it under my name with someone who I've paid to rap/sing/etc on it?

SP. wrote on 1/23/2024, 5:58 PM

@Ikonik That's definitely fine.