Beatmap Wizard Request

Joseph-Cruz wrote on 6/10/2021, 11:05 AM

I'm a HUGE supporter of Acid. I hope that my upcoming posts will be seen by the right people. Wishful thinking - in hopes that they can make some small modifications to help me increase my efficiency.

This is such a nit-picky thing. Can the button for the Beatmap Wizard be moved up higher within the Clip Properties window? I have that window docked at the bottom of the screen because i'm constantly choosing between One Shot, Beatmapped, Loop. And then when I need to access the Beatmap Wizard, I have to expand the window height so I can click Beatmap Wizard. I think it'd be so awesome to have it in a place that is really quick to access!

Crossing my fingers!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/10/2021, 4:11 PM

@Joseph-Cruz

These are user to user forums, not any contact for any Magix staff.

You could email infoservice@magix.net and ask that they pass your suggestion to the developers.

Jeff

Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Rednroll wrote on 6/11/2021, 3:58 PM

I use Vegas Pro more than I do Acid but with that said, I've run into your situation a few times, especially when working on my 15in laptop screen. I typically keep the plugin chainer docked in that area and depending on the size of the particular plugin HMI, your scenario often happens. What I would suggest is becoming more familiar with the "`" key and it's keyboard short-cut modifiers.

For example, what I have done is enlarged the docking area so not much of the timeline trackview is seen and therefore in your situation that button would be shown.

Now you can press the keyboard short-cut

ALT+ ` to quickly and easily minimize/restore just the docking view.

Here's a quick reference of those ` key and its modifiers I've created for myself. Once you get used to using those more often, you may realize how great it is to have a full timeline track view by being able to easily hide the dock and the track faders, then just restore the one you want when you need it. Give these keyboard short-cuts a try, to see how you like them.

No more constantly resizing the dock area with your mouse.

Joseph-Cruz wrote on 6/17/2021, 9:19 AM

@Rednroll

I assigned "Clip Properties" to the key F4. It's taking some getting used to. There are pros and cons for me. But overall, it feels a little more satisfying to pull it up with a key stroke vs. mouse moves. And my dock is currently fully dedicated to my "Explorer" which is pretty nice. Thank you for the idea!!!