Comments

SP. wrote on 7/11/2021, 1:45 AM

@thiesen Does rescanning your VST plugin paths help?

thiesen wrote on 7/11/2021, 5:27 AM

Thank you .. if I knew how to in the new 2022 edition I could do it

SP. wrote on 7/11/2021, 7:18 AM

@thiesen I don't have the program in front of me right now, but I think you can do this inside the program settings if you click on the folders (or paths) tab. There should be a button to set up your VST paths. This button is only visible if your version of Music Maker has the VST plugin from the store installed.

If this isn't the case you could try to go into the folder with the program settings and delete them. In C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm30 there should be some VST scan files. I suggest you rename them or move them to your desktop. If you restart Music Maker it should recreate them from scratch.

browj2 wrote on 7/12/2021, 9:21 AM

@thiesen

Hi,

You need to read the BeatBox part in the manual to properly, or at least partially, understand how this works; it's not obvious. There is a button that is something like a waveform at the right of the top row of the BeatBox, to the right of the BPM info. Hold down the mouse on this and it creates an audio file. When the timer stops, drag it onto the BeatBox track or another empty track.

The audio object is loopable and copyable. You can then change the beat in BeatBox and create another audio file and drag it to the same or another track, etc.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Suat-Ozturk wrote on 8/4/2024, 3:24 PM

@thiesen I don't have the program in front of me right now, but I think you can do this inside the program settings if you click on the folders (or paths) tab. There should be a button to set up your VST paths. This button is only visible if your version of Music Maker has the VST plugin from the store installed.

If this isn't the case you could try to go into the folder with the program settings and delete them. In C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm30 there should be some VST scan files. I suggest you rename them or move them to your desktop. If you restart Music Maker it should recreate them from scratch.

Yeah. This did the trick. I removed VST scan files and the program rescanned VSTs. It found Beatbox and loaded. Thank you for your help.