Beat box and songmaker AI setting missing.

Kurt-Hyllemar wrote on 9/11/2021, 12:09 AM

I have MusicMaker premium edition 2021. In the help menu i can see MusicMaker plus edition 2021 - activated and MusicMaker premium edition 2021 - activated.

I have online connection. Downloads works and only have "Sound of soccer" that is installed but doesn't want to remove itself from there. The shop works.

I've always updated and is up to date for now. Everything works fine aside from missing:

There is no Beatbox. I've checked all plugins and the download tab.

The pdf manual says that there should be a settings icon in songmaker to avtivate the AI? I do not have that. The songmaker works but it limits the number of soundpools to 4. Is that how it should be?

Because everything else works as expected i could live with these small limitations.

Just checking if i have missed something easy to fix.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/11/2021, 4:29 AM

@Kurt-Hyllemar

Hi

Song Maker AI and was introduced with Music Maker 2022.

What is the program version number as found under Help, About?

I suspect that you may be running MMM2022 under the MMM2021 license, in which case are there downloads waiting to be installed under the Downloads tab, not the Store tab?

Has your Update Service expired?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Kurt-Hyllemar wrote on 9/13/2021, 3:46 AM

The qustionmark together with the word AI would, in the best of worlds, have indicated that i wasn't sure it was the right word to use. The question, which you avoided, was about the missing coggwheel icon representing options for the songmaker creations. From the manual; Options: The Intelligent Song Creation prevents certain "unattractive" combinations of loops and can be activated here if you are looking for adventure.

SP. wrote on 9/13/2021, 3:59 AM

@Kurt-Hyllemar I think that @johnebaker is right. You updated to Music Maker 2022 but you didn't buy the new version. In this case you don't have the Song Maker AI feature which was introduced in version 2022 as a paid feature and is not part of your 2021 license.

Kurt-Hyllemar wrote on 9/13/2021, 4:00 AM

As for the rest. I'm at 2021 premium. That would mean updates forever for that version.

When you change the name to 2022 premium then it's an upgrade and costs money. I get that.

Soo...i have now tested this and was forced to bottle feed you. To me that implies i don't get helpfull answers here.

I offer my suggestion for improvement.

Have a nice year.

emmrecs wrote on 9/13/2021, 4:21 AM

@Kurt-Hyllemar

I am not at all sure why you think sarchasm directed to a Moderator or another user, who are also very experienced users, is acceptable in this public forum. Please understand, it is not! Please carefully read the Community rules which are to be found in the footer of every forum page.

You were given exactly the correct answer to your question - MM Premium 2022 is a paid upgrade to MM Premium 2021. The fact that you, apparently, updated without additional payment to the 2022 release means that you did not receive the new features of that release, but would retain ALL the features of the earlier version. The choice of whether or not to buy the upgrade is entirely the user's.

I'm not sure that your assertion that

I'm at 2021 premium. That would mean updates forever for that version

is justified, either. You seem to be suggesting that updates to your current version should be offered to you "for life". I am not sure that any software manufacturer can offer such a service! Yes, as detailed before, updates are, theoretically, available for as long as you wish to continue to install them, but it is not in any manufacturer's interests to offer upgrades (i.e., new features) for a single, one-time purchase.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 9/13/2021, 7:58 AM

@Kurt-Hyllemar

Once again, Music Maker, the program, is Free. Magix has Versions of the program, the most recent being Music Maker Version 2022 and there are builds or patches for each Version, and the current version/patch/update is 30.0.2.30 as of today. New Versions of the program make available new features, some of which are free, some of which you have to pay for. Read everything in the image below. Simply download the Free Version.

Note that there is no Plus or Premium Version of Music Maker.

There are Editions for the program - Free, Plus and Premium - you have to pay for Plus and Premium Editions. They include features, presets, and credits for some instruments and Soundpools. Look at the comparison table for 2022.

Everyone gets whatever is checked under the Free Edition 2022. Whatever is not checked under the Free Edition you can get by purchasing Plus or Premium 2022 or individually through the Store. Plus has a bit less than Premium.

If you have a previous Edition, like Music Maker 2021 Premium Edition, you will still be able to use everything that was in it, but you will not get any New features that do not have a checkmark under the Free Edition.

In the above image, Song Maker is new and is available for all 3 Editions, however, under Premium only, you see Song Maker AI. If you want Song Maker AI, you have to purchase the 2022 Premium Edition.

In the above image, Beatbox is checked for all three Editions except that Plus and Premium Editions get Beatbox Pro.

In order to get any of the new features, you first have to upgrade/install the new Version of Music Maker 2022. If you purchase a new Edition, you will get a link to download the installer for Music Maker 2022 which will get and install the program. If you don't purchase a new Edition, you can simply click on the Free button and it will take you to exactly the same link for exactly the same downloader and program. Again, Music Maker 2022 Version is free.

Once you have installed Music Maker 2022, you can log in and you will see something like this if you have Music Maker 2021 Premium Edition:

You will then have to go to the Downloads tab and download and install everything that is there.

You will get the new Song Maker, but not Song Maker AI, and you will get Beatbox. Note the tabs just above the keyboard. In the above image, the fourth tab is BeatBox.

In the image below, which is for a new project, and for which I have activated 2022 Premium Edition, the third tab is BeatBox Pro. As well, BeatBox will be shown on track 2 by default every time that you open a new project.

If you want any of the features of the 2022 Premium Edition that are marked New but are marked with an X under Free in the Comparison Chart, then you have to purchase Music Maker 2022 Premium Edition. When you do, if you have already installed the new Version 2022 of the program, then you don't have to do it again. Simply enter the serial number for Premium 2022 on the above screen.

If you do not upgrade the program to Version 2022, that is, version 30.x.x.x, that you can see on the start up screen at the bottom right under Updates, then you will not have any of the new features of Music Maker Version 2022 and you will not be able to get the new features of any of the 2022 Editions.

EDIT: So, after all that, you get free updates/upgrades of Versions of the program; you do not get free updates/upgrades of Plus and Premium Editions.

Please, everyone, make the distinction between Versions of the Program, which are free, and Editions for the program which are not free (except for the free Edition).

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 9/13/2021, 8:08 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos