Bass Machine & LiVid in Samplitude Music Studio

Russell-Moore wrote on 7/8/2021, 11:13 AM

Hi everyone, quick newbie post - and apologies if it's already been answered....
Over the years I've upgraded from Music Maker 2013 through to various versions of Music Studio, most recently to the latest 2021.

1. I can't see the Bass Machine MXSynth anywhere and don't know how to re-download & activate it, and
2. I'd love to find a way to add the old LiVid drum machine to this latest version of the program but, despite adding the files over to different folders, I can't get it to work.

Any ideas from anyone? Thanks, Russ

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/8/2021, 2:11 PM

@Russell-Moore

1. Download and install the latest Music Maker 2022. Enter your Music Studio serial numbers. This will unlock the instruments in the store. You can download and install them and they will also work in Music Studio 2021.
  2. You need to drag and drop the LiViD.syn file into your track in Music Studio. This should work.
Russell-Moore wrote on 7/8/2021, 2:20 PM

Cheers, I'll give those a try thanks... 😀

Russell-Moore wrote on 7/9/2021, 1:23 AM

UPDATE - further to the above post and answer:

1. Music Maker 2022 isn't one bit interested in my Samplitude Music Studio serial numbers (so far as I can see), so that didn't work! I do now have the Bass Machine instrument downloaded and opening in SMS, but it's looking for an Activation code, so I guess I need to get that from Magix?

2. Finding and then copying & pasting the LiViD.syn file into a Music Studio track line works!!! Hooray and thank you... 😃

SP. wrote on 7/9/2021, 2:22 AM

@Russell-Moore

1. Okay, it worked for me in the old versions like Music Maker 2019, 2020. You could give it another try by entering the Music Studio serial numbers under Help > Music Maker Store > Redeem Credit. If this doesn't work you can contact support at infoservice@magix.net They can give you coupon codes to get all Vita instruments of your different Music Studio versions for free in the Music Maker shop.