bad file on CD

RKelly5327 wrote on 3/8/2021, 2:29 PM

I'm trying to load my Audio Cleaning Lab 3.0 CD and can't because the program hangs up on one file on the CD. The file is iofile.x64 in the System folder. I have no idea what's wrong with it. The CD looks very good. I cleaned the CD drive itself and I cleaned the CD itself, but the file still cannot be read. I loaded it before on another computer, but am setting up a different computer and like the program a lot, but I can't get the CD to load the program.

Does anyone here have a good CD that you could make a copy of the file and send it to me? I would certainly appreciate it a lot! I'm 85, have no income, and just simply cannot afford to buy another CD!!!

I'm building a Windows 7 Pro machine for the express purpose of working with pictures and sound files. This is an HP dv6- 2000 series with 8GB RAM, so it's well equipped to handle the program.

I don't know if anyone will even find my post, but I hope someone can and can help me. I'd like a new copy of the whole CD just to be safe, but that might not be acceptable. So I thought if someone DOES have the CD, certainly copying just one file should not be objectionable. Better yet, all three files in the system folder if that is ok.

Please help if you can!

Ron K.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/8/2021, 3:42 PM

@RKelly5327 Are you using Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 3.0 which was released in 2002 or are you using the current version SoundForge Audio Cleaning Lab 3?

In any case, both programs are not developed to run under Windows 7, so there could be problems.

I looked a little bit on Google and the iofile.x64 error is caused by copy protection on the CD. What are you trying to do? Did you try to copy the files from the CD to the hard drive? I would guess that the copy protection is preventing you from doing so.

Doesn't the normal installer work?

RKelly5327 wrote on 3/8/2021, 9:49 PM

I believe it's Magix Audio Cleaning Lab, not Sound Forge. I was trying to install it from the CD. That's the original commercial CD. That's why I posted that the CD stalled and would not proceed. I found out it was the System folder that caused it to freeze. It couldn't load the files from there when I ran the regular installer from the CD. So I tried copying the files to the hard drive and tried installing it from there, but it quit in the same place. I did get it to run on my Windows 10 machine just fine. And that's why I was hoping to get a copy of the iofile.x64 file. I figured if I could get a copy of that, I could go ahead and install it from the hard drive and run it on Windows 7 okay.

SP. wrote on 3/9/2021, 1:22 AM

@RKelly5327 Sadly, the copy protection doesn't allow to copy the files from the CD. It is constructed this way. If it runs fine on your Windows 10 computer I would guess that your Windows 7 CD drive has problems with the copy protection.

RKelly5327 wrote on 3/9/2021, 5:47 AM

That theory doesn't solve it because the two machines are totally identical, same brand, same model, same specs, etc. It certainly is weird why the installer would not install from the folder.

SP. wrote on 3/9/2021, 5:54 AM

@RKelly5327 They are not identical. One uses Windows 7. Then it is caused by Windows 7. Could be a driver or the operating system.

RKelly5327 wrote on 3/9/2021, 6:36 AM

I meant the drives are identical. It has to be something about Windows 7 as you say.