Automation envelopes on MIDI tracks in Acid pro 10

Mikeb2007uk wrote on 4/3/2021, 9:23 AM

Hi. I cant work out how to show the fx automation envelopes on a MIDI track. They work fine on an audio track. I’ve learnt how to add effects via the mixing console to a MIDI track but I cannot seem to get the envelopes to show on the trackline. For example I’m wanting to add filter effect to a midi track and control the res through an envelope just like I would on an audio track.
I’m using acid pro 10 updated to the latest version on a windows surface pc.
thanks

Comments

shkr wrote on 4/4/2021, 8:03 AM

Life will be easier for you when you will teach yourself about midi, audio, vst protocol and so on and what are the differences between them ;)

If you want to send midi cc on a midi track, to make it work you have to be sure that your vsti will accepct it. Not all vstis accept full midi cc suit.

If you want to automate vsti just show its bus (keyboard: "b"), right click it and choose 'soft synth automation envelopes' - there you can choose what you want to automate.

If you want to automate vstfx that you added to vsti than you must set what you want to automate ("configure FX automation" in audio plug-in window) and than show vsti bus ("b"), right click and use "fx automation envelopes".

It is easier to make it than to write about it ;) so good luck.

Mikeb2007uk wrote on 4/4/2021, 8:22 AM

Thanks a lot. I didn’t even know the shortcut B would show the bus tracks and there you are. All my automation envelopes show. Very happy. Thanks !

shkr wrote on 4/4/2021, 10:12 AM

great! cheers! :)