Auto Mastering Failures

webdude wrote on 9/11/2023, 10:00 AM

I did auto mastering on a couple of tracks and the reviews I got were quite depressing. Some reviews:

*** I think that music production, mixing and mastering need to be reassessed in terms of equalization, volumes, timbres...
*** the song could use a slightly better mix...
*** the audio quality is really bad

How do I improve the auto mastering to achieve radio quality?

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/11/2023, 11:07 AM

@webdude They talk mostly about the mix and audio quality? That's something different than mastering.

A song is mastered, to make its volume and loudness and tonal balance comparable to other songs of the same genre, so that it sounds good on different kinds of playback devices.

I recommend you use reference tracks which have the sonic quality you want to achieve and try to replicate it.

webdude wrote on 9/11/2023, 11:20 AM

@webdude They talk mostly about the mix and audio quality? That's something different than mastering.

A song is mastered, to make its volume and loudness and tonal balance comparable to other songs of the same genre, so that it sounds good on different kinds of playback devices.

I recommend you use reference tracks which have the sonic quality you want to achieve and try to replicate it.

Thank you. Is there a tutorial to do this in Music Maker? Are there relevant plugins?

SP. wrote on 9/11/2023, 3:55 PM

@webdude Here are two basic tutorials for any music software. Simply follow the basic steps.