Comments

SP. wrote on 6/14/2021, 2:39 PM

@Bernard-Brown This can happen if your Windows user account doesn't have the privileges to save the registration data to the registry. You need to modify your account or you can try to run Samplitude as administrator (right click on the program icon).

Josef-Koloros wrote on 7/17/2021, 6:35 AM

Hi, almost always I have to renew the license when connecting ssd or some hardware. it's annoying with laptops. the internet is not everywhere. can it be solved, please?

SP. wrote on 7/17/2021, 9:53 AM

@Josef-Koloros I think it is possible to get a P2-serial number for Samplitude Pro X from support which will work without internet access. You should contact proservice@magix.net for this. This will only be possible if you have a pro version.

Josef-Koloros wrote on 7/17/2021, 10:04 AM

Thanks…it's not about registering at the time, it's about changing hardware. when I connect something, he wants to register again.

Josef-Koloros wrote on 7/17/2021, 10:05 AM

Suite pro x4 :)

SP. wrote on 7/18/2021, 1:15 AM

@Josef-Koloros The registration is based on your hardware. If it changes Samplitudes thinks you installed it on a different system and wants to register again. With a P2-serial you can do this without internet.

But I don't know why Samplitude wants to re-register everytime you connect something. Maybe you need to start it as administrator (right click on the program icon) once so it is able to write the registration data correctly to the Windows registry.

Josef-Koloros wrote on 7/18/2021, 11:17 AM

thank you, i will try

A440qe2 wrote on 10/10/2023, 2:31 PM

I wanted to move The Samplitude Pro X product I purchased (registered) 11/20/2018 to my Windows 11 Laptop. I can only find the download for Pro X 8 trial version, which will not accept the serial number Magix has on file. Any help appreciated

browj2 wrote on 10/10/2023, 4:37 PM

@A440qe2

Hi,

Log into your account on Magix.com, My Products and you'll find it with the download link.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 10/10/2023, 4:49 PM

@A440qe2 Old versions can be found here for some reason:

https://www.magix.com/us/support/pro-audio-downloads/

A440qe2 wrote on 10/10/2023, 7:50 PM

Thanks to you both for such prompt response. The Magix.com My Products page gave me my serial number, but no download link. The Old Version /pro-audio-downloads had the first ProX, but the download link never activated a download. Eventually, I right-clicked to open the link in a new page (didn't work with "open in new tab"), and was able to activate a download that way. Thanks to you both for your help. Hopefully my registration number will work when that download finishes.

proaudio wrote on 10/11/2023, 5:38 AM

With major Windows updates, the activation process of older Samplitude versions can sometimes get messed up.

If the activation dialogue appears every time you start the programme, please try this:

Rename or delete the installation_suite_prox4/5/6.ini(c:\ProgramData\Magix\Samplitude Pro X4/5/6 Suite).

Start the programme (Mxinstallhelper.exe is called automatically) and confirm the repair function.

Start the programme again and enter the serial and email address again -> Activation

A440qe2 wrote on 10/11/2023, 5:55 PM

Following up, after right-clicking the very first Pro-X product, then opening as a new page, clicking the search bar once immediately activated the download of that "retail product." Four hours later, ther download was complete and my registration number was accepted. All is well and my thanks to the community members who took time to help me retrieve my older version.