Comments

craig-d wrote on 1/17/2024, 4:20 AM

hi @Chuck-Borton, i think you should probably do a manual rescan of your plugins, then clear your data cache. try clicking options > preferences > vst effects and click 'refresh'. when that's done, click file > reset all preferences and cached data, check the box 'delete all cached application data' and click 'yes', then restart the program. that should get you up and running.

Chuck-Borton wrote on 1/17/2024, 8:34 PM

Craig - thanks for your help. I tried the steps you mentioned and after the restart my results are still the same after applying mastering - no visible change to the waveform. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

craig-d wrote on 1/18/2024, 1:47 AM

hi! sorry that didn't work! the mastering algorythms are all just presets of the izotope ozone elements plugin...so you can click on the FX Plugins tab, go down to Third Party > Izotope (vst3, 64x) and find the ozone plugin and see if it will open for you...if it doesn't, then perhaps the plugin itself isn't installed properly. check that and see if that could be the case. hope that's helpful!

rraud wrote on 1/18/2024, 12:02 PM

Hi @Chuck-Borton, are you referring to the "Instant Action" processes, and are the mastering choices grayed out?
Are the Fx you wish to use available in the 'View> Plug-in Manager' Check the VST search folders "Options> Preferences> VST Effects". For instance, the Magix plugs are in "C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 17\MAGIX Plugins". Confirm that the "MAGIX Plug-ins folder is listed as a VST search folder. If not, it will not work despite showing render activity in the instant action render bar,