Audio Studio 10 registering problems

phil6058 wrote on 5/15/2022, 7:43 AM

Hello, I have an edition of audio studio 10 which previously worked on my computer. Today i opened the program, no problems, used it successfully. Then when I attempted to open a second time the program asked for my serial code. I logged on to the magix website to retrieve my code. I then entered the code into the software, which replied , "success" but when I try to open the program it again asks forthe serial code. I enter the code, it says success then just keeps repeating the process. I've tried reinstalling and switching off the computer , also installed as Admin. Any help appreciated

Thank you

phil

Comments

phil6058 wrote on 5/15/2022, 8:14 AM

Hello again, I've solved the problem by using a method found in this forum. I held Ctrl-Shift , when starting the program, and cleared cache when prompted.

thanks

phil

rraud wrote on 5/15/2022, 11:30 AM

Many folks have issues opening SF-10 after (some) Win 10 updates. 'Run as Administrator' or a registry tweak are the common procedure to resolve the issue. I have not tried a reset which may work as well.

FYI, the 'Run as Administrator' setting initiates a (OK) confirmation pop-up upon launch; the registry tweak is not a permanent fix and may need to be done again after a future Win 10 update. A reset will remove most custom user settings... None are 100% perfect.
The 'Run as Admin' pop-up can be eliminated though with a 'custom' shortcut.