Comments

rraud wrote on 7/22/2021, 10:20 AM

I am not exactly sure where to find them in AS (Audio Studio). Look in the 'Instant Actions' menu. or in the plug-ins menus or chainer,. The audio restoration tools should include, 'DeClicker / DeCrackle, DeHiss and DeClipper.

SF Pro includes the legacy Direct X noise reduction pack (aka, NR-2.0) and iZotope's RX Elements. All of the above are for basic tasks. For full featured restoration and spectral editing, recommended third party software include, iZotope's RX (Advanced) and Steinberg's SpetraLayers Pro. FYI, SLP is included with the Sound Forge Pro Suite version.

If you specify what type of noise you wish to attenuate, (or post a sample file on 'WeTransfer' or somewhere else), experienced uses here can recommend a process.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Stephen-WSTung.

Stephen-WSTung wrote on 7/22/2021, 3:39 PM

Thank you so much rraud, I am using SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 15, the Audio Restoration is under Tools Pull-down menu, but there is no 'DeClicker / DeCrackle, DeHiss and DeClipper. option after I select the "Audio Restoration". I tried to search in the Help menu, it couldn't find any of the words like DeClicker / DeCrackle, DeHiss and DeClipper

Was wondering if I purchase the wrong application or missing some plugs in. Saw some Youtube video for Audio Studio 14 has these function.

rraud wrote on 7/23/2021, 9:51 AM

I do not know about AS (Audio Studio), but when installing SF Pro, the noise reduction pack is an optional installation (check-mark in the install manager). The AS-12 installer for instance has an 'Audio Cleaning Lab' option, so you may have missed it when installing SF. mabe look in 'Documents> Magix Downloads> Installation Manager for it. You should not have to do a complete reinstall of SF, but you could.
As I stated I am a SF Pro user and not that familiar with AS. Maybe an experienced AS user can elaborate.
In any case the basic restoration tools are included with AS-15, according to the Sound Forge comparison webpage.