Comments

Procyon wrote on 6/19/2012, 11:35 AM

How many "bars" are shown when you open an arrangement?  Where is the End marker?

Zoom the arrangement out so that a sufficient number of bars are shown to encompass your entire potential arrangement and move the End marker to that point.

--------------------------------

This also tells me you are recording, but you haven't created a rhythm track.  Next, I predict you're going to make a posting that says, "HELP! Why can't I make the rhythm track match the recordings I made?!!!"  I'll answer that now.  It's because you're creating your composition/arrangement in the wrong order.  Even if your composition doesn't need a rhythm track, it is a good way to prevent problems like these.

filerofish wrote on 9/18/2012, 5:18 PM

This is probably the best answer so far: http://www.magix.info/us/how-can-i-record-midi-as-long-as-i.knowledge.794830.html

However, keep in mind that you will need to have the midi editor open at all times while recording the live midi object. Here's what I have done:

1. Go through the steps described by Proycon in the above link.

2. Right click with your mouse on the arrangement window and choose install a "midi object." I chose "empty" object for mine. Double click on the object to open the midi editor and then zoom the piano roll view out to the desired length.

3. Keep the editor open while you record your midi file. Don't be surprised if it ceases to visibly register notes on the piano roll. It will continue to record for as long as you need it to or you run out of space.

Hope this helps.

Craig-Webb wrote on 9/10/2022, 10:24 AM

I was experiencing a very similar problem for just audio recording, and found out that moving the end of range marker past where the end of where my recording was going to finish solved it. Seems like a bug to me. Movie Edit Pro should not record like ~90 seconds, but should either record nothing and give a warning (which seems like a poor fix) or else just record as long as the user wants trusting they can move their end of range marker later if and when they like.