Audio Recording not working

Minchin wrote on 9/12/2008, 6:38 AM
I'm tearing my hair out! I've used magix for two years and think its a great budget recording program. However I recently got a new laptop and so installed the program onto that but now whenever I record a second audio track, the previous track records as well. Its as if the 'playback while recording function' is acting more like a 'record playback whilst record'. Please help.

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 9/12/2008, 8:42 AM
Oh yes... I've been there with this one and I too am missing some hair.

To fix it, open your record dialog as usual and click the Volume Mix button. (this may be named slightly different in different versions). In those settings locate the record "what you hear" button. You will see that it's checked. Change it to line-in or mic-in depending on what you're using.

The what you hear is checked by default on most new machines and will record anything going in or out of the sound card. Ideally you should get an external interface for recording but this will solve your problem.

Make sure you post your music here for us to listen to.
Justin
jnickerson1977 wrote on 9/26/2008, 4:14 PM
I have the same problem. I cannot find where to change the setting away from what you hear. I'm using studio 12 and its totally different from 7 whoch i was used to. if you find the setting please let me know.