Audio Recording Error

Riley-Coach wrote on 2/1/2024, 2:37 PM

I have my Blue Yeti mic plugged into my laptop, it's working fine, but when I try to record audio in Music Maker I get this pop-up:

The files:

C:\Users\User\Documents\MAGIX\MUSIC MAKER\My Record\New - 0001.WAV

Can not be created !

Please check to see if the directory has a writing permission.

I'm not sure what this means, but it won't let me record anything. Can anyone help please? Thank you.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/1/2024, 6:01 PM

@Riley-Coach Does it make a difference if you run Music Maker as administrator by right clicking on the program icon?

Riley-Coach wrote on 2/2/2024, 9:30 AM

It did not, I got the same error pop-up

SP. wrote on 2/2/2024, 11:43 AM

@Riley-Coach Please click on the gear icon next to the record button to open the recording settings. Change the path where the records are saved to a different path, if the standard path doesn't work.

Make also sure you have selected the microphone as an input device. Open the program settings and click on the Audio/MIDI tab. Select an ASIO driver, for example the Music Maker ASIO driver. Click on the Advanced button next to the driver selection to open the driver settings. Select your microphone as an input device there. Set the sample buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples. Then try again.

Riley-Coach wrote on 2/2/2024, 9:26 PM

@Riley-Coach Please click on the gear icon next to the record button to open the recording settings. Change the path where the records are saved to a different path, if the standard path doesn't work.

Make also sure you have selected the microphone as an input device. Open the program settings and click on the Audio/MIDI tab. Select an ASIO driver, for example the Music Maker ASIO driver. Click on the Advanced button next to the driver selection to open the driver settings. Select your microphone as an input device there. Set the sample buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples. Then try again.

I did all of this and still nothing. I'm confused why this is such an issue, and I'm not sure what else to do

SP. wrote on 2/3/2024, 6:29 AM

@Riley-Coach You changed the path and it still doesn't work? Have you done kind of firewall or antivirus that blocks Music Maker from creating files?

Riley-Coach wrote on 2/5/2024, 10:41 AM

@Riley-Coach You changed the path and it still doesn't work? Have you done kind of firewall or antivirus that blocks Music Maker from creating files?

Uh, if I do, I don't know how to remove something like that.

johnebaker wrote on 2/5/2024, 1:35 PM

@Riley-Coach

Hi

. . . . C:\Users\User\Documents . . . .

Is 'User' the username you logon on to the PC with, or have you subsituted 'User' for your logon name before posting the comment?

Is the account you logon on with a 'Local Administrator' account?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.