audio problems

Jim-Heinrich wrote on 3/23/2021, 11:11 AM

I just bought a new machine--HP Pavillon All-in-One, i7 processor, 16gb memory, Win10 Home--and replaced my Sound Forge 10, which I've used for years without problem, with Sound Forge 15. Now, after nearly a week, I am still trying to get SF15 to work correctly. The biggest problem is the sound coming from the built-in O&B speakers, which is nothing but loud static, barely able to discern music/voice... completely unusable (the sound is perfectly fine using a headset). I have tried re-installing all sound drivers, Windows and HP trouble-shooting multiple times without resolution. I finally re-installed SF10 and it works perfectly without any tweaking or changes to the default settings. The audio also functions fine with VLC, GOM and other Win10 64b programs. Does this situation have a simple non-techy solution or should I just ask for my money back and continue using Sound Forge 10?

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/23/2021, 11:21 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Jim-Heinrich .

Try another audio playback device type in "Options> Preferences> Audio". The Sound Mapper or Classic wave drivers are usually trouble-free.
See this tread as well

Jim-Heinrich wrote on 3/24/2021, 10:06 AM

Mr RRaud: You are a genius! I installed the ASIO 4 All driver and it works like a champ, perfectly! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now, if only Sony would cough up a few royalty buck$ and package the ASIO driver with their program...

rraud wrote on 3/24/2021, 10:14 AM

I am glad the ASIO driver works for you.

You are a genius!

Thanks, but I am much closer to being an idiot.

Jim-Heinrich wrote on 3/24/2021, 11:20 AM

hahaha I think most of us probably have a few "idiot" qualifications, in spite of experience, college degrees or Mensa membership! Thanks again. Have a most pleasant day!