Audio Problem on New Installation Plus Drowning in Despair

Ken-Thompson wrote on 1/21/2022, 3:06 AM

Hi I am totally new to Music Maker and very old. I have downloaded and installed the latest free version on my Gaming Laptop. I have dragged some a "Right Strings D" into the composing area and when it plays it sounds like a slightly melodic phrase of scratchy near white noise. I am stuck at the very first hurdle. I just followed the installation instructions and have reinstalled, rebooted, swore and kicked. Still exactly the same. Also whenever I move my mouse back into focus it seems to be "busy" for a random long time and then lets me take control. Even to click Help!!! I cannot even check the version! Windows 10 ASUS TUF Gaming A15. MM 64-Bit Version 30.0.4.44. After a couple of minutes. It seems to be taking a constant 10% CPU but no Disk or Network!

Comments

Ken-Thompson wrote on 1/21/2022, 4:44 AM

I am answering my own post to see if I have done a bad thing. I installed ASIO4ALL driver from their site and then restarting the system. I then went into settings and I now seemed able to now us the WASAPI Driver setting to use my Realtek Speakers. The music now plays ok. But I still get the delays on getting focus on MM.

My worry is I kept getting dragged into a "Driver Support" app. I always distrust those so by careful digging seemed to get to direct download of ASIO4ALL, which seems to give me a whole host of audio settings!

So was it ok to load the ASIO4ALL driver

Graham-Hawker wrote on 1/21/2022, 6:25 AM

Yes it is. Once selected go into advanced settings and make sure your audio outputs are selected.