Audio going from a playing track and recording on another track

Gilberto-Paez wrote on 9/23/2021, 9:21 PM

Samplitude Music Studio 2022. Windows 10. I am using an external mixer that is connected via USB to the PC.

I have recorded audio playing on Track 1 and try to record voice on Track 2. The audio on channel 1 is recorded on channel 2 along with the voice recorded on channel 2.

I had it working before and cannot figure out what changed.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/24/2021, 2:57 AM

@Gilberto-Paez This is likely a setting on your mixer which sends the output of track 1 back to the computer when you record track 2. Did you check the manual of the device for help?

Gilberto-Paez wrote on 9/30/2021, 4:00 PM

Thanks SP. I played with the different settings and finally got it to record my audio on track 2 without getting the audio from track 1 recorded along with my voice on track 2.

Different problem now... I cannot get any audio out to my headphones or speaker.

SP. wrote on 9/30/2021, 6:46 PM

@Gilberto-Paez Are your headphones and speakers connected to your mixer or the computer? It would be helpful if you make screenshots of your audio driver settings in the Music Studio program settings and upload them here with the arrow icon above the text box.

Gilberto-Paez wrote on 10/2/2021, 5:17 PM

My monitor speakers and headphones are connected to the mixer. I believe the problem is within the computer settings.I am playing a song on Virtual DJ and as you can see it also appears on the microphone signal. Probably not a Music Studio problem. Any ideas?

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at this.