Audio Duplication

Tartu2 wrote on 10/4/2022, 8:51 AM

I was using Music Maker fine this morning, on update 31.0.1.13. I returned to it this afternoon and all tracks now have an audio issue. It sounds like it's trying to play all the samples at the same time throughout the track. It is doing it on any file that I load.
To stop this happening, i have to swap the audio from one (Wave Driver, Direct Sound or ASIO) to another.
It did not happen this morning but is happening now. I have restarted my computer, and each time I restart the program it does it.

The setting stays on the last one I picked so it's not like a dodgy driver, so I always have to keep swapping it.

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/4/2022, 9:22 AM

@Tartu2 You can try to reset the program settings to their default values under the File > Settings menu.

Tartu2 wrote on 8/4/2023, 3:57 AM

This is still happening, even with the update of 32.0.1.8 yesterday.

It works fine first time after the update, but each time MusicMaker is opened it does it.

SP. wrote on 8/4/2023, 4:03 AM

@Tartu2 Does this also happen with new projects?

Tartu2 wrote on 8/4/2023, 4:06 AM

It does it with all projects. I may have resolved it, based on another post mentioning about crackling, by changing faffing with the audio settings.

I've changed it to the ASIO driver - Music Maker ASIO, and changed the advanced settings driver to Windows Direct Sound. The crackling I also had is gone so I closed MM and re-opened it and tried and the issue appears to be gone.

It would be nice if these things didn't have to be played around with, by the user, to avert the issues that we're having.

SP. wrote on 8/4/2023, 4:31 AM

@Tartu2 You said in your first post that ASIO has the same problem.

Tartu2 wrote on 8/4/2023, 4:32 AM

It did, but given the detail of the other post, I didn't realise there were other options to try. I just tried each one.

SP. wrote on 8/4/2023, 4:35 AM

@Tartu2 Okay. In case the problem reappears with larger projects or if you use a lot of VST effects or instruments you need to increase the sample buffer size in the ASIO driver settings. This usually helps.

Tartu2 wrote on 8/4/2023, 4:36 AM

Thanks, I've already set it to 2048 regardless