Audio driver settings. Problem with export.

Former user wrote on 8/12/2023, 2:17 PM

Hi all.I have a question.What is the best audio driver configuration to use on my PC to create music and export finished projects? I have a PC with AMD 7900 processor, Nvidia 4080 graphics card, PC 7.1 audio card (Realtek ALC897), Windows 11.There's plenty of RAM.I create music listening using good wired headphones.I've encountered a problem.When creating music on the audio track where the Midi file is located, the sound is constantly changing.No crackle or noise. After editing individual "notes" and exiting the Midi Editor, the sound changes.That is, there was a synthesizer with a soft sound, and became a synthesizer with a hard sound. Therefore, constantly have to load (saved) patch (settings for the synthesizer).And the main problem is that when exporting Music Maker changes the position of "notes".I believe it has to do with delays. What is interesting is that audio tracks with "loops" are played and exported normally. This problem is only with audio tracks with Midi in them.That's why I would like to ask knowledgeable people how should I go about it?I would also like to ask if connected headphones, speakers or a browser with the Internet turned on has any effect on the export?Or does the markup in the Midi editor affect exporting and listening to Midi files? I send screenshots to show you what I mean.I was very thankful for the good advice.In the screenshot markings in German. But I hope that those who know well Music Maker will understand.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/12/2023, 2:42 PM

@Former user Please check the event list of the MIDI object in the MIDI editor for things like bank or program changes.

Former user wrote on 8/12/2023, 4:11 PM

@Former user Please check the event list of the MIDI object in the MIDI editor for things like bank or program changes.

Sorry, I don't quite understand this. What do you mean when you say "bank"? And what should I see there? Is it program code or what?

SP. wrote on 8/12/2023, 5:02 PM

@Former user All MIDI messages of your MIDI object are listed here:

Typically Note On and Note Off, but there are many other possible massages like program changes which will change presets. You need to delete them manually from the list.

Former user wrote on 8/12/2023, 5:30 PM

@Former user All MIDI messages of your MIDI object are listed here:

Typically Note On and Note Off, but there are many other possible massages like program changes which will change presets. You need to delete them manually from the list.

Thanks for trying to help. "Note On" and "Note Off" are not enabled for me.Where you show (probably this is the "bank") there is a list of "notes". Do I need to delete this list? Should this bank be empty?

SP. wrote on 8/12/2023, 5:57 PM

@Former user This isn't the bank, this is the MIDI event list. Please read this explanation:

https://www.midi-connections.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35

Former user wrote on 8/12/2023, 6:13 PM

@Former user This isn't the bank, this is the MIDI event list. Please read this explanation:

https://www.midi-connections.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35

Thank you. Now I understand what a "bank" is and what it is for.Only I did not understand what I need to do in order for the audio that I export to remain the same as I did this audio in the arranger.You told me that I need to delete something. I still did not understand what exactly.

browj2 wrote on 8/12/2023, 10:15 PM

@Former user

Hi,

Just something that caught my eye:

Thanks for trying to help. "Note On" and "Note Off" are not enabled for me.

There is nothing there because no notes have been recorded. Try drawing in a note on the arranger part and you'll see it show up.

You may want to watch this tutorial:

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 8/13/2023, 12:26 AM

@Former user

You told me that I need to delete something. I still did not understand what exactly.

You could again make a screenshot so we can see, what is in the event list.

If the sound of the VST instrument changes, there is very likely a program change event in this list. And this event needs to be deleted or it will set the VST to a different preset each time you play your MIDI object.

Former user wrote on 8/13/2023, 3:49 AM

@Former user

You told me that I need to delete something. I still did not understand what exactly.

If the sound of the VST instrument changes, there is very likely a program change event in this list. And this event needs to be deleted or it will set the VST to a different preset each time you play your MIDI object.

Yes, of course. Could it be because of the seki? Because when I listen in the arranger, everything seems to be fine. You explained to me that DN-e needs to be constantly matched.I always have to do this when I make edits in the MIDI editor.Because the sound itself changes after the next editing of notes.But this is not the main thing. The main thing is that notes change during export.That is, they interrupt or increase the volume where I did not.That's why I asked - is it possible because of the grid or the audio driver? Maybe during normalization the program exposes the grid and changes the sound?

Former user wrote on 8/13/2023, 3:49 AM

@Former user

Yes, of course. Could it be because of the seki? Because when I listen in the arranger, everything seems to be fine. You explained to me that DN-e needs to be constantly matched.I always have to do this when I make edits in the MIDI editor.Because the sound itself changes after the next editing of notes.But this is not the main thing. The main thing is that notes change during export.That is, they interrupt or increase the volume where I did not.That's why I asked - is it possible because of the grid or the audio driver? Maybe during normalization the program exposes the grid and changes the sound?

Former user wrote on 8/13/2023, 3:53 AM

@Former user

Sorry, I just now understood. You told me in the last conversation "don't forget to delete the notes." After all, I copied this Midi file and put it on another audio track. Because I needed to change the sound for some notes.If I understand correctly, I need to remove from some Midi files those notes that are not in this particular Midi file? I have an additional question about MIDI files.I would not like to create a new topic on an additional question.Is it possible to somehow extend the MIDI file that I downloaded.I didn't create it myself, but downloaded it and redid it a little.The MIDI file has a blue (bounding) line at the end and beginning.Can I somehow remove this blue line and expand the downloaded MIDI file?Or just copy the notes from the downloaded MIDI file and paste these copied notes into the MIDI file I created?