Comments

rraud wrote on 5/31/2022, 5:23 PM

Is Audio Studio 16 incompatible with Windows 11?

Hi @Jerry-Munk, most folks have no problems with SF on Win 11. I assume you have already tried restarting the PC and switched to an alternate audio device type in "Options> Preferences> Audio". MS Sound Mapper and Classic Wave Driver are usually trouble-free.
Try to reset of SF and clear the cache.. go to the the 'File' menu and select: "Reset and clear cached data". Close and restart Sound Forge.

If the above procedures do not resolve the noise issue, it is probably the SFAS 'Low Latency 2016 driver. See this comment from Magix on how to remove it

BenCWin wrote on 1/4/2024, 1:57 PM

When I install Sound Forge Audio Studio 16 on my Windows 11 computer, it causes a loud buzz whenever I play any audio. When I uninstall Audio Studio, the buzz goes away. Is Audio Studio 16 incompatible with Windows 11? Is there a way to fix this problem?

I installed SF earlier today and have the same problem.

SP. wrote on 1/4/2024, 4:24 PM

@BenCWin The answer to your problem is in old the comment from @rraud: Uninstall the Magix Low Latency driver.

rraud wrote on 1/4/2024, 4:50 PM

Hi @BenCWin, buzzing or screeching type sounds are symptoms of the Magix 2016 Low Latency driver issue. See this topic for instructions.
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/audio-issue--1290482/#ca173899