Audio bit rate on SF Audio studio 17

Kev38 wrote on 10/13/2023, 5:48 AM

I am getting very confused with the bit rate on AS17. I just recorded a file, and it shows as being 160kbps. On playback, I get popping at irregular intervals which I put down to the bit rate not being the same as my interface which is set at 192kbps. Is that correct? However, when I open a new file and check the file properties, it says the bit rate is 705 kbps. I can find no way to set or change the bit rate after scouring the manual and these forums. Help please. Interface is a Presonus studio 26, and I'm running on a Microsoft PC with windows 10. I had no problems at all with the previous version I was using (AS15).

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/13/2023, 6:21 AM

@Kev38ย The bitrate is a quantity for the amout of data transfered over a certain time.

Audio quality is measured in bit depth and sample rate, usually 16 or 24 bits and 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz.

You can change the bit depth and sample rate at the bottom right corner in the Sound Forge program window.

In case you use compressed file formats like Mp3 go to the program preferences and enable to always proxy compressed file formats.

Kev38 wrote on 10/13/2023, 7:24 AM

That seems to have done the trick, many thanks. I thought it must be something simple.๐Ÿ™‚