Assigning Samples To Keys On Midi Keyboard

Alison-Whyte wrote on 4/3/2021, 6:54 PM

Hi folks,

I purchased some WAV samples, some of which are single note hits. I would like to assign those to my midi keyboard so that I can play them like a VST instrument. Is this possible in Music Maker and if so, how do you go about it? I also have Samplitude but couldn't find any info about how to do it on that either. Thanks in advance!

Ali

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/3/2021, 7:24 PM

@Alison-Whyte 

Independence Free should work fine for this. It can load up to 25 samples. If you have Samplitude Pro X you should also have the fully functional version of Independence which can load more samples.

Start Independence up, remove the piano example layer and add a new layer instead. Go to the Mapping settings and drag and drop all your samples onto the keyboard-sample-mapping-matrix and select chromatic mapping to map each sample to one key on your keyboard. All samples are now visible in the matrix. Select them all and set the playback mode to one shot. You should now be able to play them fine.

Alison-Whyte wrote on 4/4/2021, 8:52 AM

Thanks SP! . . . I'm pretty excited about that! . . . I'll give it a go later on and see how I fair. I have to say, for the price of Magix Music Maker, I have been really impressed. I did have a few issues with the 2021 version freezing but have installed the latest update so fingers crossed. I've not managed to use Samplitude properly yet but I will try to set that up too and get this all working with Independence! . . . Happy days! . . . 😁