Asking for Suggestions to make Cool Changes to my Light My Fire WAV file

KarenWood wrote on 10/1/2012, 5:47 PM

Hello MAGIX World!

I used ACID to change a MIDI File into an interesting version of an old OLDIES ROCK TUNE

(no Lyrics -np singer, yet)... (I will inroduce entirely new words if I can arrange the song radically different)

Now I want to use MAGIX Music Maker to radically change the thing.

(So I can use the song STRUCTURE) but make it into an entirely different song.

I made an effort at using the Harmony Agent tool within MAGIX Music Maker, but the two tracks that Harmony Agent created from the File -exist but are silent... (although within the Harmony Window it does make harmony note sounds) -So, that approach seems lame.

I'm trying to understand how to play with MAGIX in a flexible-fluidy way by tweaking the tune --

it would be cool to have some of that ma ma ma ma ma type echoy stuff or some exagerated long windy guitar hovering over the existing rudimentary familiar 60's tune

--I want to beef up the song, but change the tune so it no longer sounds (too-much) like "Light My Fire"..

*Using ACID I've shifted the Stereo Tracks so there is a cool reverb like effect going on in a larger hall thingy going on.. Its cool, but basically its "Light My Fire" elevator music version.

I need to learn how to completely modify the structure of this MIDI to WAV conversion in a radical way.

Wah, Wah, Wah Umpf umpf boing doo dook bing ting ching change ling ling boom

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 10/3/2012, 1:44 PM

Hi Karen,

Could you put some of your preliminary ideas for this project up on Youtube or one of the other sharing sites.  Are you looking for musicians to collaborate with you on this project?  I come from the time of the original song but would be very interested in providing input on a radically different remake of Light My Fire.

Let me know if you are interested.

George

KarenWood wrote on 3/21/2013, 11:06 PM

Yah!
..forgot all about it and moved on!
I pushed that Magix Music file over to Buddy Jackson @ THIS™ Brand Gift Clothing.
They turned that song into some kind of interesting @ YouTube.
*It sounds about the same, only different!! I earned about $525 bucks for the effort!

Thanks Magix!!
KW