ASIO4ALL / Ambisonics

Terry-Atkinson wrote on 8/22/2018, 10:14 AM

I am a SpectraLayers user since v1-v3. Testing v5.

- After install and initiate program, getting API not initiated error. Finally get through it, though I don't know how. What is it asking for?

- Only works w WASAPI. Freezes/crashes every time I try to use ASIO4ALL. I user ASIO4ALL for every other audio and video application I run. I am guessing SL does not support ASIO4ALL. Please clarify.

- I work in 360 audio/Ambiosonics. v5 supports lots of channel options, but not obvious that I can decode a B-format or Ambix file. I can import the file, with each channel being allocated to a separate track. But this seems to be surround sound allocations/placements. Am I missing something? Can SL decode and export an Ambix file? If not, is this something you plan to support?

Comments

DivideFrame wrote on 8/28/2018, 4:39 AM

Hi Terry,

-If you still get this error, please send me the logs files located in Documents/SpectraLayers Pro logs at: contact [at] divideframe.com

-SL supports ASIO4ALL. Did you match the sample rate in the device settings with the sample rate ASIO4ALL is set to ?

-SL5 does not have ambisonics support right now, but future versions will likely do

-TG- wrote on 9/7/2018, 12:22 AM

I am a SpectraLayers user since v1-v3. Testing v5.

- After install and initiate program, getting API not initiated error. Finally get through it, though I don't know how. What is it asking for?

- Only works w WASAPI. Freezes/crashes every time I try to use ASIO4ALL. I user ASIO4ALL for every other audio and video application I run. I am guessing SL does not support ASIO4ALL. Please clarify.

- I work in 360 audio/Ambiosonics. v5 supports lots of channel options, but not obvious that I can decode a B-format or Ambix file. I can import the file, with each channel being allocated to a separate track. But this seems to be surround sound allocations/placements. Am I missing something? Can SL decode and export an Ambix file? If not, is this something you plan to support?

Hi! I had some troubles with ASIO and WASAPI in SL 4 (but not with the SL5 demo I used for testing). As you are using ASIO4All I suspect you are using this with on-board (not an additional dedicated internal or external) audio hardware?

Maybe the trouble of different sample rates for input and output section set in the windwos control panel is also the case here. Check the last few post of this thread and see if you have somthing similar going on:

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/spectralayers-pro-4-vs-asio-playback-in-wrong-pitch--1204753/

hth, BR