Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 2/4/2011, 1:40 AM

sherin,

I've tried without success so far with an Arabic font I just downloaded. I think there are at least two major considerations:

1. The left to right problem can be solved perhaps by carefully typing SDRAWKCAB, eg there is probably no method in MEP to change the direction of the typing cursor.

2. Many non european fonts have the 'foreign' letters available only with special keyboard combinations to access 'top bit set' characters. In MEP there are so many keyboard shortcuts that I doubt you can type in Arabic directly.

Note: You can create a MEP title by dragging a rich text format (.rtf file) document to the timeline. As even windows notepad can save in this format I'd suggest creating your title text there, saving as .rtf, and bringing into MEP for adjusting size and position etc.

Regards,

Carl

ADDED: I just copy/pasted مع أطيب تمنياتي  from http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090614102548AAAnUQ8 into a rtf notepad document. It can even be pasted into a title edit window no problem!  The cursor direction changes as well!