Comments

SP. wrote on 8/24/2023, 4:56 AM

@Marcus_Svensor Do you have a serial number for the EQ? It's often the case that bonus plugins like Modern EQ will only run in the software they came with. If you want to use it in another DAW you need to buy a license.

Marcus_Svensor wrote on 8/24/2023, 6:17 AM

I have the APU coreFX bundle, I don't know if it comes with that. I have no problem buying a licence, but it really need to be VST3 x64. That or I need an alternative. In particular I love the UI and the function to change the stereo width based on frequency is particuarly usful. Especially for bass synths. I've been looking at the MFreeformAnalogEq from Melda, which has a wonderful UI but doesn't have the stereo width feature. Maybe I need to chain two plugins

Former user wrote on 9/5/2023, 9:10 PM

I have the APU coreFX bundle, I don't know if it comes with that. I have no problem buying a licence, but it really need to be VST3 x64. That or I need an alternative. In particular I love the UI and the function to change the stereo width based on frequency is particuarly usful. Especially for bass synths. I've been looking at the MFreeformAnalogEq from Melda, which has a wonderful UI but doesn't have the stereo width feature. Maybe I need to chain two plugins

It doesn't. modernEQ and dynamicEQ are embedded within the application installs that they are bundled with. They aren't licensed separately.

Sound Forge Pro 17 includes modernEQ, and Pro Suite includes dynamicEQ.

If you are seeing it in versions that do not advertise and bundle them, it's because you are scanning the ACID Pro Private Plug-in Directory with Sound Forge, which is not supported.

Some MAGIX Plug-ins run in any MAGIX host, but it seems some newer plug-ins they release are checking and discriminating against hosts which do not bundle the plug-in. The new EQs may be among them.

Some plug-ins may also seem to work, but may not output any audio or function like demo plug-ins (Random Noise inserted into the Audio for the tracks/objects they're placed on).

You can often get iZotope plug-ins cheaper than the APU stuff, unless you catch them during a massive super sale (likely during the same periods when iZotope is having its biggest sales), so they can be difficult to justify buying a la carte.

Marcus_Svensor wrote on 9/6/2023, 2:18 AM

Thanks and Magix confirmed it. So sadly we moved along.

We replaced APU Modern Eq with a chain of two. Firstly the "mono filter below ?Hz" with a free vst3 made by Tone Projects, called Basslane and the Eq part with MFreeformAnalogue EQ a vst3 from Melda Products for 39€. Both are very easy to use and very stable in Acid Pro 11 on Windows 11 22H2. And being stand-alone work in any client you may have. I have SoundForge 14, which satisfies all our needs currently. We will upgrade, but not just yet. For mastering Basslane is amazing, so easy to focus the Kick, Bass and Sub bass.

MFreeformAnalogue EQ is a world above anything I have ever seen or used. You actually draw the Eq you want and the settings are applied, no need to adjust the Q, type, or the frequency just draw it and it does it.

While going around, we also found a copy of Isotope Ozone 10 Elements for 29€ off eBay. Which didn't come with my ACID 11, when I bought it.

Just a side note, if you have a more recent Intel processor with efficiency cores. In power, change the processor to run 100% always and start ACID with C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "ACID Pro 11 (x64)" /high "C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 11.0\acidpro.exe" this stops Windows from changing the software priority to always being the most important.