Comments

SP. wrote on 6/4/2022, 7:47 AM

@IndySkies Unistall Sound Forge, then reinstall it. I believe the error shows up, if the installation is damaged.

rraud wrote on 6/4/2022, 12:38 PM

Error 59: 'You do not have the license to use this software'

Has SF been installed before and on how many PCs?
If it was previously installed and activated on a PC, verify you are entering the correct serial code and the email address you used when it was initially registered. You can look up the info 'Magix Service Center> My Products'.

If you do uninstall and reinstall, uninstall using a third-party uninstaller like 'Revo Uninstall' that can remove left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the OS uninstall leaves behind, which in usually the root cause and can occur again.
Revo Uninstall is highly regarded and has pro and freeware versions, the free version is adequate in most cases.

btw @IndySkies, what version of SF and Read this 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.

IndySkies wrote on 6/6/2022, 1:07 PM

Thanks everybody, removing and replacement worked, I’m always scared of that because I’m afraid I’ll lose months of work

Mrleeon wrote on 11/19/2023, 6:06 PM

Hello,

I got the same Error code: -59 .

I'm using Acid Pro 11 ..

What will work .

The app is not opening ??

SP. wrote on 11/19/2023, 6:26 PM

@Mrleeon Either disable your antivirus or firewall like Windows Defender temporarily and try again to start the software or uninstall it with a free tool like Windows troubleshooter or Revo Uninstaller, then install it again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

It might also work to keep holding CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the Acid shortcut icon until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings.