"An Exception has occurred" when opening a file in Acid Pro Next Suite

BadgerKelley wrote on 5/6/2021, 8:42 PM

Hi there! I own ACID Pro Next Suite, version 1.0.7 (Build 36) 65-bit, running on an HP Pavilion, 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz, 12 GB of RAM, 64-bit, running Windows 10 Home.

I have a somewhat large but not insane (336,070 KB) .acd-zip file - the latest version of a remix that I've been working on, off and on, for months. In my latest session, I tried using Melodyne on one of the events, then removed Melodyne from it (or so I thought). This morning, I saved a copy to an external hard drive (as usual), and then backed that file up to my Google Drive account.

Now, every time that I try to open that file, when it shows that it is "Opening project," it gets to 9%, then crashes with the message "An error occurred during the current operation. An Exception has occurred." The details are as follows:

"ACID Pro Next Suite
Version 1.0.7 (Build 36) 64-bit
Exception 0xC0000005 (access violation) READ:0x000000000000019B IP:0x0000000021DCB3A9
In Module 'MelodyneCore-5.1.1.003.dll' at Address 0x0000000020190000 + 0x0000000001C3B3A9
Thread: GUI ID=0xDB4 Stack="

Once I close that message, of course, ACID Pro Next Suite then proceeds to shut down.

So far, I have tried:

- Opening the file from the folder as well as from the File menu.
- Downloading my backup of the file and attempting to open it.
- Restarting my laptop. (I haven't tried a full shut down yet, but I can.)

Smaller tracks that I've been working on will open successfully, as will an earlier version of this particular remix. I just really don't want to have to re-do all of the work I've put into this latest version, and I would really appreciate any help that anyone could give me with this. If I'm asking something that has already been asked many times over, I apologize in advance; I did search, but I couldn't find anything that exactly matched my situation.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and assistance!

Comments

BadgerKelley wrote on 5/6/2021, 9:12 PM

I just realized something else that may be helpful:

I started working on this file in an old installation of Acid Pro 6 before moving it to this version. However, I've saved it and reopened it successfully in Acid Pro Next Suite countless times since then.