After upgrade was installed I got an error message

Wayne-Locke wrote on 10/16/2023, 3:25 PM

I purchased an upgrade to my MAGIX program on October 15, 2023. My registration was accepted. On October 16 I successfully downloaded the software to my PC. When I tried to open the program I successfully entered my serial number but when I tried to open the program I got this error message: "I am no longer authorized to perform this installation on my program version" What do you suggest?"

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/16/2023, 4:08 PM

@Wayne-Locke

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Can we first establish exactly which program and edition you have upgraded from and to? You’ve chosen Photostory as your product, is that the correct one for you?

The error message seems to suggest that you are trying run a different version or edition to the one for which you have a serial key, I think.

So, please give us as much detail about this problem as you can!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Wayne-Locke wrote on 10/17/2023, 8:45 AM

When I started answering your question I discovered that I had initially entered the serial number of my 2019 MAGIX software. Problem solved. Thank You. Wayne Locke

Could you give me a quick answer to this question? Does MAGIX allow me to burn/copy a new DVD from an existing previously created MAGIX DVD?

emmrecs wrote on 10/17/2023, 1:42 PM

@Wayne-Locke

Good to hear the initial problem is solved so thanks for the feedback.

With regard to your second question I think we need a little more information!! Is your existing previously created MAGIX DVD one whose content you have created, i.e. it is a DVD of a Video or Photostory project that you put together, then Yes, you can create as many copies of your own work as you wish.

However, if the DVD you wish to copy is actually a Magix Program DVD, i.e. it contains the installation files for a Magix program, you can create a DVD copy as a safety-storage for yourself but you are not allowed under the Magix EULA to give or sell this to anyone else. Also, no third-party could install and run the software without having a dedicated serial key, which only Magix can supply; your key is permanently locked to your email address.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam