After re-install "SampleTank 2.x" was not found

Mateiasu wrote on 8/19/2019, 6:05 AM

Having my DAW's SSD crashed by an Windows 7 Update I felt the need to switch over to a new Windows 10 based system and did that. Installed ACID Pro 7e, a bunch of VSTs, SampleTank2.5 and lit up one of my projects. Just to notice ACID's error message:

The Soft Synth plug-in "SampleTank 2.x" was not found or did not load properly.

Usually I had no issues opening project files that used SampleTank 2.5, also after couple of reinstalls during the Windows 7 era. Now having jumped to Windows 10 it feels off. SampleTank itself is recognized and usable, freshly created projects can retrieve SampleTank soft synth on load up, but not for the projects that I've created on the Windows 7 install .. :/

I've tried the following layman's things:

1. regedit-ing SampleTank's string "SampleTank2.x" vs "SampleTank 2.x"
    I thought maybe it is referencing the product name "SampleTank 2.x" but is installed as "SampleTank2.x"
  2. force rebuilding plugins in ACID after renaming the plugin in there
    .. again thinking it might be just the referenced name
  3. since on the new Windows 10 all drives got new letters assigned, I have re-created/-assigned the drive letters to be as on the Windows 7 system before (already a good idea)
  4. re-installed SampleTank to see that maybe that fixes it
  5. praying that my old SSD did not die entirely, crossing fingers, plugged it in, YIZZZ!!! it still runs (except for the operating system that shot itself by updating), so copying over the DLLs and IK MULTIMEDIA folders to my new Windows install
  6. ACIDforum is down ..

Unfortunately no luck, so you ended up here reading this.

I still want to believe that this issue can be solved by something rather simple like copying or renaming files or folders. So did anyone encounter this issue and found a solution to it?

Any help, hint and/or comment appreciated!

Comments

Mateiasu wrote on 8/19/2019, 11:17 AM

In the end, SUCCESS!

Some GUIDs changed, which I was able to map manually with the help of an Hex- and Text-Editor, et voila my project files are being loaded properly with SampleTank (and all other VSTs that were not loading) again!

C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\7.0\acidpro.plugincache.xml

PS: As I 've reinstalled SampleTank to see if the issue was fixed, I've realized, that re-installing adds an entry to that Xml file, rather then altering the old one ... might be an issue for itself maybe?

Article: http://stuff.wp.viranyi.com/?p=214

Shu wrote on 11/6/2019, 2:38 PM

Thank you so much !!!

All my projects were suffuring because of that issue. It will take many time but i'm determined to make all things in order.

You have my deepest gratitude.