Advertising invasion on my Samplitude.

Cronoskus wrote on 5/8/2022, 11:51 AM

Even after checking the box that says "DO NOT SHOW THIS AGAIN" I keep getting annoying advertising from MAGIX offering the last software version of Samplitude. I appreciate getting information on the mail, and that's really enough for me. I've paid for the software I use, it is not a free copy, yet I get advertising as a if this was a free app I got, and MAGIX is not respecting my preferences when I mark "DO NOT SHOW THIS AGAIN"

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/8/2022, 1:58 PM

@Cronoskus Uninstall Magix Update Notifier or disable it in the Windows Autostart list in the Task Manager.

Cronoskus wrote on 5/9/2022, 12:16 AM

@Cronoskus Uninstall Magix Update Notifier or disable it in the Windows Autostart list in the Task Manager.

I don't see Magix Update Notifier neither on the task manager nor on installed programs or apps.

SP. wrote on 5/9/2022, 12:22 AM

@Cronoskus It looks like this

Cronoskus wrote on 5/9/2022, 1:10 AM

Yup. Yet no update notifier gefunden.

I wonder why MAGIX does not simply do the right thing when I click on "DON'T SHOW THIS AGAIN"

I mean, that shouldn't even be necessary. It's a paid software!

SP. wrote on 5/9/2022, 1:32 AM

@Cronoskus "Do not show again" only blocks the current advertising. If a new one is distributed, you will see it again.

It could be that it is named different, something like Magix Connect, Magix Cloud.

Be also sure, always to select the custom installation option, if you run an installer from Magix or it will install this notifier again. You need to deselect it in the custom installation settings.