Adverisements to buy the software just installed and trying to use.

David-Donnell wrote on 12/1/2021, 12:48 AM

Win 10_64bit Pro I7, 2tb, 16gb, SB TrueStudio with Opt in/out, also SoundForge, Movie Studio 2022.

Ad for Music Maker 2022 Premium + add-on $49.95 - trouble is I'm just trying to get to the music maker premium I've just installed. Never mind the totally mindless self promotion - Big static desktop window (cannot move, grab, size, right-click) taking up 3/4 of my screen over the initial music maker splash screen) only way to kill it is by closing the window on my taskbar.

Just a musician trying to get thru a stupid install in a world where no-one is allowed to actually talk - by phone - live - in real time to support.

Got to the Music Maker software.

$$$$ How much would it CO$Tt TO NOT HAVE TO SEE ADVERTISEMENTS INSIDE THE SOFTWARE's MAIN SCREEN I'M TRYING TO ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH WORK WITH ?!?! $$4 Look, America is Jacked, but really?? Really?? Non stop Eye Candy ?

Comments

David-Donnell wrote on 12/1/2021, 1:30 AM

And when I quit yet another desktop splash screen informing me that I can get up to 53% off the software I've just installed and am trying to figure out.

Seriously! I'm questioning if using this company's software will subject my desktop to unwanted, unsought, undesired advertisements... ON MY DESKTOP? Are you trying to force people to walk away?

SP. wrote on 12/1/2021, 2:16 AM

@David-Donnell Yes, this annoying commercials are standard for Magix. You can disable them in the program settings and by clicking on the checkmark in the commercial windows to not show them again. Also, you need to uninstall the program Update Notifier through Windows Apps and Features because it will show commercials after you restart your computer.

simon-foster wrote on 12/1/2021, 4:11 AM

And when I quit yet another desktop splash screen informing me that I can get up to 53% off the software I've just installed and am trying to figure out.

Seriously! I'm questioning if using this company's software will subject my desktop to unwanted, unsought, undesired advertisements... ON MY DESKTOP? Are you trying to force people to walk away?

seems that way to me

johnebaker wrote on 12/1/2021, 12:55 PM

@David-Donnell, @SP.

Hi

. . . .  uninstall the program Update Notifier through Windows Apps and Features  . . . .

To clarify - the name of the Windows process that is popping up the messages/ads is called Update Notifier, the actual program to uninstall is Magix Cloud Import or if you have an older version may be called Magix Connect.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.