Adobe Audition REMIX alternative

Ustik wrote on 4/2/2021, 4:52 AM

I'm new to Sound Forge or other Magix audio suites and want to achieve similar tasks as the Remix feature in Adobe Audition.

I have a few songs that are 1 minute long and I need to make them 1.30-2.00 minutes long. It's possible with the Adobe Audition Remix feature in a few clicks.

Can I do it somehow in Sound Forge somehow without manual work?

Comments

condex wrote on 4/2/2021, 5:26 AM

It would be great if you could explain what that 'few clicks' process is in Adobe Audition so that those on this forum who are not familiar with Audition might be able to get a handle on what that process is.

Ustik wrote on 4/2/2021, 5:30 AM

Easy as that:

emmrecs wrote on 4/2/2021, 6:33 AM

@Ustik

I'm almost 100% certain the Remix feature is Audition is NOT available in any other audio software, sorry!

And yes, I do have and use Audition and the Remix feature is pretty awesome, most of the time. However, you write of having a few songs that are 1 minute long and I need to make them 1.30-2.00 minutes long That is not what Audition's Remix feature is primarily designed for, which is to "shorten" existing tracks. I know it can also lengthen them but its degree of success in such a scenario depends very much upon the "source" track and whether there are sections which can be repeated so as to create a "satisfactory" outcome.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 4/2/2021, 7:12 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

condex wrote on 4/2/2021, 6:48 AM

Without knowing Audition at all, @emmrecs has described what I guessed might be the case. Certainly, I've not seen any automated feature in Sound Forge Pro like that. My approach over the years in Sound Forge Pro has been to do lengthening or shortening of music manually (i.e copy/paste or delete), making sure that the deletion or insertion matches 'musically'. It's worked really well so far and doesn't take all that long once you're used to the manual process.

emmrecs wrote on 4/3/2021, 3:43 AM

@xman_charl

This thread is specifically asking about the Remix feature in Audition, so what does you post have to do with that question? It is not asking for opinions on Audition itself.

Hence your post is now hidden as being irrelevant to the thread.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam