adding soft synths to Music Studio 12

Javolenus wrote on 12/3/2008, 10:06 AM
Hi There,

I'm very new to Music Studio but am impressed. I'd like to expand the virtual instruments available, perhaps by adding new software synthesizers or a newer/fuller version of Sample Tank. But how do I do this? I'm pretty clueless so need some gentle advice on how to install this kind of stuff so that it will work with Music Studio 12. Many thanks in advance for replies.

EDIT: Hi ralftaro, many thanks for your reply - all is now clear and I'm in business! Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/4/2008, 8:08 AM
Hi there,

Music Studio supports VST instrument plug-ins, but you need to enable the program to find the plug-ins on your hard drive. There's a path setting for that in the program settings. When you're in the Music Studio main screen, press "Y" on your keyboard to bring up the program settings. Switch to the "VST/DirectX/Rewire" section and make the "VST Plugins" path point to the location on your hard drive where you store your plug-ins. The program will scan that directory and the sub directories for the contained plug-ins. After that is done, they will appear as instrument/output options for your MIDI tracks. E.g. if you click on the "Out" drop-down list of a MIDI track, there will be a "New Instrument" sub category and that will contain your external soft synths.

I hope this helps.