Adding reverb to existing vocals

Tom-Interligi wrote on 8/9/2023, 8:39 AM

I bought a new computer, Windows 11, so I needed to upgrade from Acid 7 to Acid 11. My band recorded vocals on my new Acid DAW and in mixing I cannot find any reference to reverb. My older versions of Acid had a very simple reverb control, now my hunt thru Acid 11 doesn't even respond to the word REVERB. Please tell me that I don't have to buy more "stuff" just to add reverb to vocal tracks.

Comments

Air wrote on 8/10/2023, 9:41 AM

on your vox track click on the 'fx' it will open a box, then click on the 'fx' in that box, click on the 'vst' tab in the list of fx's and select the 'reverb' (about halfway down the list) cheers

Tom-Interligi wrote on 8/10/2023, 10:35 AM

Thank you for trying to help. I got quite excited to see there was a solution to my problem. Unfortunately after the first "track fx", I get a new box named "audio plug in". I hover over every icon and the only one that contains the word FX is "configure FX automation" which sends me to an irrelevant page. I have Acid Pro 11. I will send a screenshot so that you may tell me where I might be going wrong but I just can't get past the first click before your instructions don't follow what I see. But thanks for your time. Tom

Tom-Interligi wrote on 8/10/2023, 10:39 AM

Air wrote on 8/10/2023, 10:52 AM

once you have 'track fx' open, do this......1, 2 & 3

Tom-Interligi wrote on 8/10/2023, 11:29 AM

Thank you so much, I don't get the exact same screen look that you do but the instructions were right on and now I have my reverb window. As is the story of my life, my DAW (ALL OF A SUDDEN) has locked up not allowing me to play any content or play around with the reverb. I even opened a new window and pasted an old mp3 file and it still doesn't move my cursor along. Never in years has this ever happened! Care to help me again?

Tom-Interligi wrote on 8/10/2023, 11:35 AM

Never mind AIR. Just as suddenly that the cursor woukld advance, it has gone back to working okay. It must have been something that I touched that I don't understand. Thanks for all your help

Air wrote on 8/10/2023, 12:09 PM

I see you've gone from AP7 to AP11......if you look around this forum you'll notice that all AP versions after AP7 are bug ridden and unstable. Even some of the 'moderators' still use AP7. So, best of luck in your creative travels!

SP. wrote on 8/10/2023, 12:15 PM

@Tom-Interligi Additionally I suggest to convert compressed audio files (like your MP3) to PCM WAV files before using them in your projects. Compressed files can lead to unexplainable glitches.