Adding Metadata

John-Sergneri wrote on 2/3/2021, 12:05 AM

The metadata Summary Information does not have some of the fields like composer (TCOM) that is commonly shared in other software. Is there a means to add such fields?

I'm not sure I will ever user DOTS PER INCH (IDPI) in my catalog, why is that available (and a few other graphics tags,) but not a good set of audio relevant tags?

I am on version 14 build 86.

Comments

Walter.I wrote on 2/3/2021, 8:18 AM

Are you sure you are in the right forum?
This is about Sound Forge, PC version.
Build 130 is currently the current version of Sound Forge Pro 14.

CPU: Intel i9-9900KS 4GHz, (UHD Graphics 630,)
MB: ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming,
MEM.: 32 GB Ram, DDR4-3200
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 SUPER,
Storage: SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2, SSD 860 EVO Series 1TB, Toshiba 3TB SATA,
Soundforge Pro 14, Build 111

rraud wrote on 2/3/2021, 10:47 AM

Sound Forge and Vegas does not have the 'Composer' field.. I do not know why and I do not see an option to add that field.

I like MP3Tag to batch the metadata , It supports many A/V formats. I also use WinAmp 2.8 to edit metadata on single MP3 files. Both apps have the composer field.

John-Sergneri wrote on 2/3/2021, 1:04 PM

Are you sure you are in the right forum?
This is about Sound Forge, PC version.
Build 130 is currently the current version of Sound Forge Pro 14.

Just checked for updates and it shows none for Sound Forge Audio Studio 14. My guess is you're unaware of this version, it's shipped with the VEGAS bundle.

John-Sergneri wrote on 2/3/2021, 1:06 PM

Sound Forge and Vegas does not have the 'Composer' field.. I do not know why and I do not see an option to add that field.

I like MP3Tag to batch the metadata , It supports many A/V formats. I also use WinAmp 2.8 to edit metadata on single MP3 files. Both apps have the composer field.

Yes, I read your recommendation on another thread and am trying it out. So far so good, thanks.

But, it seems like the existing tags are an oversight and should be fixed, at least providing a set that is relevant.

Cheers,

John

rraud wrote on 2/3/2021, 1:35 PM

It seems like it would easy to add, but I am not a coder.
Send your requests to Magix. No one on this forum is a Magix employee, including the moderators.