Comments

rraud wrote on 7/11/2021, 5:04 PM

Look up the ACX audio book submission specs:

The basic factors for Sound Forge are:
Integrated RMS Level -18 <> -23 dB  (appox -14 <> -20 LUFS)
Maximum Peak -3.0 dBFS  (not true peak)
Noise Floor -60 dBFS
Head silence / room tone: 0.5> 1.0 sec
Tail silence / room tone: 1.0> 5.0 sec
Max file duration: 120 min

Or use the : "View> Instant Actions"  (Ctrl + Alt +6) "Export> Check ACX"
(There is a minimum length for the SF ACX check tool)

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Neil-Reeves.

Thomas-Braun3542 wrote on 5/27/2024, 10:18 PM

The above response does not answer the question. The ACX Export function is supposed to format a file to the specs mentioned above. When the export process has an issue with an input file, the only feedback you get is " the file is not suitable for ACX export". There is nothing that tells you what the issue is or how to address it. I need to know how to troubleshoot this issue. I have already spent many hours trying to guess what is wrong so I can get my chapters processed. I believe this is a SoundForge issue and needs to be addressed.

Thanks,

Thomas Braun

johnebaker wrote on 5/29/2024, 9:33 AM

@Thomas-Braun3542

Hi

. . . . the only feedback you get is " the file is not suitable for ACX export". There is nothing that tells you what the issue is or how to address it. . . . .

The ACX Check tool tells you all you need to know about what is wrong with the audio file - see image below.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

rraud wrote on 5/29/2024, 1:19 PM

The ACX statistics tool does not make the pertinent adjustments automatically. These must be done manually.

Thomas-Braun3542 wrote on 5/29/2024, 3:07 PM

This issues is not about the ACX statistics or ACX Check. It is regarding the ACX Export functionality, which I use regularly. My understanding of the ACX Export function is that it prepares/formats a raw wave file into an MP3 file properly formatted for the ACX Web site. When completed it passes the ACX Check. Intermittently, about one in three WAV files fail this process on my current project. The only error message I get is "The Dynamics of the file are not suited for ACX Export" (see file below). I get no other indication as to what is wrong in the file or how to fix it. ACX Check will not resolve this because all the files I get are not initially formatted for ACX. I need to know what is happening inside the ACX Export process so I can resolve the file issues and complete my current project. I hope this clarifies the issue more appropriately,

Thanks,

Thomas Braun

SP. wrote on 5/29/2024, 10:06 PM

@Thomas-Braun3542 As I see it, you need to edit your file manually depending on what you see in the ACX check.

if your file is too loud, you need to reduce the volume manually. If it's too quiet you need to raise the volume manually. If the background nose it too loud, you need to do noise reduction manually.

I suspect that ACX export will work fine as soon as all ACX check properties are in the green.

Sound Forge comes with all the tools to do this

rraud wrote on 5/30/2024, 9:59 AM

By the looks of your screenshot's amplitude @Thomas-Braun3542, it is way too loud. Use the Sound Forge 'Statistics' tool to determine the RMS loudness factor and reduce the level accordingly. If you can post the file on google drive or other cloud site, we could determine a more exact procedure for ACX compliance .