Activation / usage

gsharp wrote on 2/16/2022, 9:34 AM

Just got - SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 365. I have a pc in house and one in studio. Want to use SF on both but it will only activate on one of them. It seems I have to deactivate on one to use the other - a real pain. Just went to use it again and it's asking now for a computer ID which it has rejected . This all sounds ridiculously complicated ? Any ideas?

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/16/2022, 9:50 AM

@gsharp You can use the 365 version only on one computer at a time. The full priced version allows two active installations at the same time.

I'm not sure why it's asking you for a computer ID. This should only be necessary if you want to activate the software while being offline.

rraud wrote on 2/16/2022, 11:51 AM

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @gsharp.

As @SP. previously stated and to elaborate, if you wish to use the subscription version Sound Forge 365 on a secondary PC . SF-365 must be deactivated on the initial PC and re-activated on the second PC, then repeat the process in reverse to use SF on the first PC again. I do not think there is a limitation on how many times the activation can be switched back and forth, but it is a real PITA. The PCs must be online to activate or deactivate as well.

You should seriously consider purchasing the perpetual version which can be activated on two (2) PCs simultaneously so you will avoid the extra time and aggravation of deactivating/reactivating every time you want to use SF on a second PC.
If you just recently purchased SF 365, email Magix (infoservice@magix.net) and ask about a refund or a discounted price on the perpetual version. Magix is usually accommodating in that regard.

gsharp wrote on 2/19/2022, 5:05 AM

That does seem a little 'mean' but yes I'll go back to them. Thank You