Activation issue / Reinstall SoundForgeStudio16

Takao-Miyatani wrote on 7/13/2023, 4:00 AM

Hi,

I tried to reinstall Sound forge studio 16 which bundled with Vegas 20.
I purchased it from your Japanese reseller SOURCENEXT.
The issue is that I can not reinstall it to the same PC as before.
I have not used Ozone but I tried it this time but it was not installed.
So, I uninstalled it from my PC using the Windows system. Then install again.
But I received error -14 from activator. (invalid or apply to another product)
According to "MY PRODUCTS",  the serial is not in use at the moment.
Then I tried to install the file from "MY PRODUCTS" and the file from the link that referred from your support forum, but the result was the same.
Of course, I make a sharp distinction between the VEGAS serial and the SF serial.
And both serials are the same in between MAGIX's one and Japanese reseller's one.
Using Windows11.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/13/2023, 4:16 AM

@Takao-Miyatani If you enter the serial number here https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/ you'll get the downloader for the correct product you can unlock with your serial number.

You might have installed a wrong version of Sound Forge?

rraud wrote on 7/13/2023, 2:40 PM

When activating Sound Forge, you must also use the same email address, that you used to log into your Service Center> My Products account. The activation serial and your registered email address are paired.

You might have installed a wrong version of Sound Forge?

Yes, you must install the correct version or it will not activate.

Unless it has been changed, an Ozone Elements serial is not included when Sound Forge is included in the Vegas package.

Takao-Miyatani wrote on 7/14/2023, 12:55 AM

SP.

I downloaded it the way you told me. Then installed but result was the same.

rraud,

The version of my Sound Forge is correct I think. "SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 16 (JP)"

The serial and my email address are same as the registered And, I intentionally used a different my email address. Then the returned error code has been changed from 14 t o 24.

I understand that I can not activate the OZONE even if my SOUND FORGE activated.

I still have SOUND FORGE 13 in the same PC. I will check it.

Thank you all,

SP. wrote on 7/14/2023, 1:09 AM

@Takao-Miyatani That's very odd the downloaded version also gave you error -14. Does Sourcenext also offer downloads?

You can also try to contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net but it might take until next week before you'll get an answer.

Takao-Miyatani wrote on 7/17/2023, 4:16 AM

Hi All,

I installed the file from Japanese reseller then the issue solved. It was bit annoying because I have to download whole package. There are something different between MAGIX one and local reseller one. Solved anyway !

Thank you all !