Activating wizardFX in Music Maker 2023 Premium

Art-Wilson wrote on 9/24/2022, 9:50 PM

Music Maker 2023 Premium includes the wizardFX suite. The effects show as "Purchased" in the store, but I didn't receive a serial number in the email confirmation of purchase. When I put in the serial number for Music Maker 2023 Premium when trying to activate wizardFX, it says the serial number is not valid.

How do I get the wizard FX suite registered in Music Maker 2023 Premium?

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/25/2022, 4:43 PM

@Art-Wilson I'm not sure about the details, but have you downloaded and installed the plugins from the in-app-store?

If you downloaded and installed the wizardfx demo version from Magix.com you need a serial number, but the in-app-store version should run fine without any serial number but will likely only work inside Music Maker and not in any other application. The version from Magix.com should work fine in any software that can load VST plugins.

Art-Wilson wrote on 9/25/2022, 8:18 PM

Thank you, SP. It looks like the wizardFX within Music Maker have an APU_wFX prefix; the wizardFX effects also appear in the list, but those require activation. As you noted, those are likely VST plugins, even though they appear in the MAGIX Plugins list, not the VST list. You are correct that other DAWs also ask for registration when loading them. So I think the problem is solved - thank you for the response!