ACID Pro, Errors etc.

Arthur-Pena wrote on 4/14/2021, 4:45 AM

Hey guys, so we had a power outage not too long ago and I was working on a project when it happened. When I rebooted my system everything seems fine, I have one of those voltage control thingies. When I clicked on acid I kepted getting Error code -59 so I uninstalled and reinstalled (from an slightly older installer). I then activated the software with my serial number and when opening a project using Variverb 2 I got a message "You have not purchased Variverb, therefore no sound will be produced" or something like that. Now everytime I open and close the program it asks me to register online, and I do. I also tried to check for updates and it didn't work. I did a fresh install of all the acid suite instruments after the first initial reinstall.

Comments

numbat wrote on 4/14/2021, 11:26 AM

The most recent Acid 10 update wipes the licenses for purchased plugins. This has impacted anyone who installed or updated in April. I have a ticket with support, they are aware of the issue and are apparently working on a fix.

I know I'll certainly be checking here before I ever allow Acid 10 to auto-update again. This is a pretty egregious bug, and they should have pulled the update immediately rather than disable a lot of very expensive plugins for an extended period of time.

Stacey

Arthur-Pena wrote on 4/14/2021, 3:58 PM

Damn, whack. I get that they're probably busy but I was going through all of the posts on the forums and alot of things are always left unanswered.