Acid Pro 8 and Jbridge

Winterlight wrote on 7/23/2018, 7:33 PM

I love the update Magix did for Acid Pro. 8 is a great update from 7 though mostly it seems to be taking things from 32 bit to 64 bit. I'm disappointed in one thing and thats 8's inability to see and use my old 32 bit softsynths. No matter, Jbridge to the rescue. I know, I'm coming late to the party with this but its really useful. I was starting to have a nervous breakdown (I'm sensitive like that XD ) because Z3TA +2 wouldn't function with AP8. Cakewalk was bought up by Bandlab much the same as Magix bought up Sony's creativity software like AP8. Unlike Magix though Bandlab has been slow to update what they bought. So no 64 bit Z3TA. Jbridge got that running along with old faves like Superwave P8 and Bloo. Hopefully Magix will update this, but until then, that Jbridge seems to work with all my old stuff. Worth a look if you have synths like I do that have no 64 bit versions.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 7/26/2018, 3:12 AM

@Winterlight it's good to know you've had good luck with jBiridge. A few DAWs include jBridge built in to allow x32 plugins to work 'natively'. You may or may not be pleased to hear that in a future release jBrdige will also be included in Acid Pro. At best it should mean you wont have to create wrappers for incompatible plugins, they'll just work

Matt-Francis wrote on 7/28/2018, 5:29 AM

@Winterlight it's good to know you've had good luck with jBiridge. A few DAWs include jBridge built in to allow x32 plugins to work 'natively'. You may or may not be pleased to hear that in a future release jBrdige will also be included in Acid Pro. At best it should mean you wont have to create wrappers for incompatible plugins, they'll just work

Hi Sheppo, when you say included do you mean it will be released as an update or only for new buyers? Not sure how much you communicate with the developers but it would be great to get some ETAs for the features requested by those who bought the product eg. add JBridge: being worked on, ETA 2 months. Or even if a dev jumped in and told us what they are doing. One of the things that really drove me nuts about Sony was their secretiveness towards the people who had bought their product.

pawgan wrote on 8/1/2018, 4:47 AM

Hi Sheppo, when you say included do you mean it will be released as an update or only for new buyers? Not sure how much you communicate with the developers but it would be great to get some ETAs for the features requested by those who bought the product eg. add JBridge: being worked on, ETA 2 months. Or even if a dev jumped in and told us what they are doing. One of the things that really drove me nuts about Sony was their secretiveness towards the people who had bought their product.

totally agree...Sony are terrible for communication with customers and my time on the acid forums was frustration at best......it is a slight concern that there is not a great deal of response here either from the devs but ive owned several magix products for many years so im keeping faith for now that they will feedback and better still add the features to acid pro it so deserves...