Acid Pro 8.0 Error Code: -57

Daniel-Reid wrote on 2/5/2021, 3:21 PM

I have been using this product ok on my Win 7 x64 laptop. Never had any issues. I wanted to install a latest version to obtain VST3 support in this product. Upon installing it a day later I receive this message "Error Code: -57" Is there an issue with software registration ?? I deactivated this product on MAGIX website at Service Centre page. Now I cant even upon fresh installs make it work. Prior to fresh install, I deleted all files in app data folder and deleted registry entries for Magix Acid.

Any ideas why this message comes up instead on my wonderful sequencer/DAW which won't work now

Gutted.

Appreciate help Thanks

Comments

Former user wrote on 2/5/2021, 3:49 PM

do you still have the previous release? (not the latest that you installed which didn't work)

Daniel-Reid wrote on 2/11/2021, 5:36 AM

I installed my previous version that I kept safe on 2 hard drives.. I had to re install c++ 2017 as C++2015/2019 was installed instead, which prevented my previous and first version of Magix Acid installing. I uninstalled both the New Magix Acid version plus app data folders and registry entries.

Uninstalled C++ 2015/2019, which I think installed in the newer version of Acid.

My previous version is running fine now. All i want is to get it to update to run VST3. Why didn't Magix implement this right off as VST3 are about in abundance at the time this ACID PRO 8 was released. It is like they just made the graphics better from a Stolen Sony program that hasn't changed at all in my opinion as a user of ACID since version 6

Daniel-Reid wrote on 2/11/2021, 5:40 AM

VST3 SUPPORT for ACID PRO8 Where is it?

If available an upgrade must be possible to install without getting the ERROR CODE:-57 message. Thank you