Acid Pro 11 - White Noise / static that requires computer restart

Redblur wrote on 10/6/2022, 10:20 AM

I have been using Acid Pro 11 for a few weeks and every once in a while it gets the Windows 10 system into a state where all sounds are accompanied by a burst of white noise / static. Getting out of this state requires a minimum of one reboot, and occasionally a power cycle and some number of reboots. I haven't yet found a repeatable sequence.

Although it sounds the same, I am pretty sure this is not the issue where Acid Music Studio installed a crummy ASIO driver. I removed the registry entries for that driver from the machine weeks ago using instructions found elsewhere in this forum. Searches in this forum and on the web have not found anything definitive. Does anyone know what the cause of this is, and how to stop it?

Thanks!

Comments

Former user wrote on 10/6/2022, 2:42 PM

@Redblur tell us about your audio interface. Thanks

Redblur wrote on 10/6/2022, 4:39 PM

Fair question. It's whatever is inside this Lenovo laptop I have. I don't know how to find out what the hardware is. I have the following ASIO drivers available:

I believe I have encountered the issue with all of the drivers, but I have to admit I'm not certain.

Former user wrote on 10/6/2022, 4:46 PM

@Redblur since your using the computer sound card ASIO MAY not be the best driver to use. Try the Microsoft Sound Mapper and see what sort of results you get. Best of Luck

Redblur wrote on 10/6/2022, 4:54 PM

Thanks - I see once again I wasn't as clear as I meant to be. This is definitely happening with the sound mapper.

Former user wrote on 10/6/2022, 5:00 PM

@Redblur OH, I see. Well, does this ONLY happen when using AP11?

Redblur wrote on 10/6/2022, 5:17 PM

It happens with AP11 Acid Music Studio 11. Any of the many other music software I have do not cause it. I have FLStudio 20, Live Lite 10 and 11, Audacity, Goldwave, Reaper, ad a few others - this issue never happened before installing Music Studio and Acid Pro, and if I don't run them for several days, it won't happen until I do.

SP. wrote on 10/7/2022, 1:33 AM

@Redblur Does the problem appear with the FL Studio ASIO driver? Usually it works relatively flawless.

LeonM wrote on 10/31/2022, 6:28 PM

I too have this issue. Restart and the issue will be gone. Another way to make the white noise disappear is for me to just unplug the headphone jack and plug it back into the laptop, that will reset the audio output and remove the white noise. I have reinstall ACID on a fresh reset Win11 and the problem persists too. The same thing happened to the Sound Forge installed.

SP. wrote on 10/31/2022, 7:04 PM

@LeonM Sounds like a Realtek audio driver problem. I would also suggest you install the free demo version of FL Studio which also comes with the FL Studio ASIO driver. You can then select this driver in the preferences.