Acid Pro 11 Suite Very Annoying Problem

Conscious wrote on 8/19/2022, 4:49 AM

Even with older versions of AP, there is no option to disable automatic vst scans and updates at startup. Right now I am working with lower ram, and this is causing a huge problem. Projects take minutes to load, and often get stuck during the scan, causing crashes amongst other problems. An auto-scan and update at startup is absolutely unnecessary. Many DAWS such a s Ableton have a simple click option to disable. It really cant be that difficult to either add a quick fix with the same option, or please tell us a GENUINE and WORKING method to disable auto plugin scans and updates at startup. The way listed years ago by typing something like nvstgrovel DOES NOT WORK. Period. Please explain how to stop the auto scans and plugins. There has to be a way. Thank you in advance.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/19/2022, 5:41 AM

@Conscious  Go into the ACID program folder an move the audio_plugin_scan_server_,,,-exe files to another folder, so that ACID cannot find them. Then it cannot do a VST scan. Go into the program settings and change the VST path so you don't scan files that crash ACID. For other problems you can hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the program icon and then select to delete the settings and the cache.

PATIENT-X wrote on 8/19/2022, 5:43 AM

@Conscious

Hello, welcome

As you said you tried method here.

Contact infoservice@magix.net explaining you tried this method without success to see if they can offer you further assistance.

It seems @SP. has just offered you a method to avoid vst scanning.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 8/19/2022, 5:45 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard