Comments

SP. wrote on 12/14/2022, 10:13 AM

@Paul-Mahoney The serial number is the number starting with P3.

emmrecs wrote on 12/14/2022, 10:14 AM

@Paul-Mahoney

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

is the serial number the same as the product registration key you have to enter when installing?

Yes, it is.

But, to ensure that the reinstall "works properly" do be sure to completely uninstall EVERYTHING from the previous installation! To not do this is to risk something of the previous installation still being present on your computer and this then interfering with the operation of the new installation. If, as seems likely, your disk clean-up attempts have actually damaged your installation of Acid it is highly likely the built-in Uninstall.log may not find at least some of the existing files, folders or registry entries. It is even possible it will not run at all because it finds "something missing"! In addition, there will be files etc., which were initially created after the previous installation was completed (e.g., when the app was first run) which that uninstall log will know nothing about!

From personal experience, echoed by the experiences of several of the moderators here, by far the best method of ensuring complete removal is the use of an app like Revo Uninstaller. The link is to the Free version but the paid-for Pro version is, in my opinion, well worth the cost! Follow carefully through each stage as it runs and check carefully everything it lists to be removed, especially if you have other Magix software installed.

Once the uninstall is completed reboot the computer and run the Acid installer.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Paul-Mahoney wrote on 12/14/2022, 10:55 AM

thanks for the help, i will proceed with doing this, however the serial number i have does not start with P3. it starts with 57.. its the one in the details when you try to run the program as an admin... I wrote down the number physically when i purchased, wasn't sure if this was the same number, again thanks for the help, -PM

emmrecs wrote on 12/14/2022, 1:34 PM

@Paul-Mahoney

As @SP. said, serial numbers for recent Magix products will always begin with P3! If yours does not it is not your serial key. I have no idea what yours beginning with 57 is; it isn't even a voucher code!

However, assuming you have previously correctly registered AP10 you can find the correct key by going to your Magix account, logging in and going to My products. Find the listing for AP10 and the serial key will be shown there, along with access to the installer should you need it.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam