ACID Pro 10 vs 11... vs ACID Music Studio 11?

GRB wrote on 6/14/2023, 11:29 AM

Hello all,

Back from a very mixed experience of going Apple Mac for a handful of years...Now back to Windows 10 with new SSD upgrade to buy time until life affords me ability to get a newer Windows machine.

I own and have reinstalled ACID Pro 10 and ACID Music Studio 11. I can't find anywhere written what the actual differences are. Would be great to see a comparison chart between the two ACID products (hint hint Magix Team). Does anyone know or can direct me to such a feature list page?

Second, What are your experience's/opinions with upgrading from ACID Pro 10 to 11? Worth it? Any "under the hood" improvements besides the few added bonus items? Feature set itself the same? Stability?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance! :)

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 6/14/2023, 11:38 AM

@GRB

Hello welcome

Look at this comparison here.

Acid Music Studio 11

Anyone looking for a loop-based creation solution and start their music production

Acid Pro 10

Audio engineers and musicians seeking a solution to record music and create live sessions

Stay with Acid Pro 10, there are still stability issues with version 11.

Users are reporting version 11 becomes very unstable once you add VST instruments or VST effects

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 6/14/2023, 11:53 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

GRB wrote on 6/14/2023, 12:08 PM

@GRB

Hello welcome

Look at this comparison here.

Acid Music Studio 11

Anyone looking for a loop-based creation solution and start their music production

Acid Pro 10

Audio engineers and musicians seeking a solution to record music and create live sessions

Stay with Acid Pro 10, there are still stability issues with version 11.

Users are reporting version 11 becomes very unstable once you add VST instruments or VST effects

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Hello and thank you for quick reply Stephen!

The ACID Music Studio link is to the product page. I looked there many times and don't see any mention of complete features and comparison to bigger brother Pro.

Wow, ok... Thank you very much for the "heads up" on AP11. Now that you mention it, I do recall reading about that long ago. I guess I'll wait and hope that AP12 is awesome and worth the wait for a stable and valuable ACID update to the program itself (not just included bonuses).

Whats your opinion (or knowledge) of the main differences, pro/cons to my Music Studio 11 vs AP10?

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

PATIENT-X wrote on 6/14/2023, 12:14 PM

@GRB

Hi

I only use Acid Pro 7 as it's very stable and meets my requirements as a musician.

I will add in @sheppo to see if he can be more elaborate on both software editions.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

GRB wrote on 6/14/2023, 12:32 PM

@PATIENT-X

Ha to AP7!!! wow.

I honestly never used to understand all that mentioned using older versions of things, all softwares music industry wide, but more I deal with staying as current as I can on things, the more I "get it". Mixed bag for sure.

Thats part of how I screwed myself on the Apple Mac adventure for a few years, kept upgrading OS, Uprgraded to a newer M1 mini, and both of those things had about 50-80% of my plugins disabled... and even some softwares not certified for either... I felt totally handicapped, and it took too many things almost 2 years to even begin to catch up to be useable.... Maybe it was just my bad timing with M1 release, eagerly doing OS upgrades, etc.....??? Dunno, but I can't afford to keep in the game there for the long haul, so I bailed out....

Thank you for extended help effort for info.

Last changed by GRB on 6/14/2023, 12:36 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

sheppo wrote on 6/14/2023, 12:58 PM

There used to be a version comparison comparing all versions of Acid on Magix.com, but for whatever reason (probably simplifying the product /support lineup) it was removed.. yeah, kinda stupid it's gone. What's missing in AMS11 vs any version of AP is the same though.

Here's an old post from me where I refer to what's listed in the manual as differences between the editions - https://www.magix.info/us/forum/no-piano-roll-in-acid-studio-11--1304041/#ca1801664 - the big difference for me was no ability to record automation.

I'd say there's almost nothing at the core level that's different between AP10 and 11. I believe some of the DLLs are indeed the same versions even(!). However, anecdotally I'd say I'd seen better stability with AP11 over 10. But, I'll add a massive caveat there. recently with AP11 I have been using a much reduced set of core plugins that I know, from experience, work well with Acid and have great stability. My last big mix session in AP11 I could have open constantly for days without a single issue. Perhaps if I'd used those same plugins in AP10 I would see the exact same stability. There has been at least one very minor bug fix for AP11 though, that I don't think has been back-ported to AP10, so there's that....

Personally, AP7 isn't for me, primarily because it's 32bit and that really hinders working on big projects, like I was pushing AP7 to the point where I couldn't add any more media to a project without taking it over the 4gb application limit, and attempting to do so would cause it to crash. It was a dead-end for me. Your mileage may vary. Others swear by it, if it works for them who am I to say they're wrong? :)

PATIENT-X wrote on 6/14/2023, 1:13 PM

@sheppo

Thanks 👍

Stephen

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

GRB wrote on 6/14/2023, 2:36 PM

There used to be a version comparison comparing all versions of Acid on Magix.com, but for whatever reason (probably simplifying the product /support lineup) it was removed.. yeah, kinda stupid it's gone. What's missing in AMS11 vs any version of AP is the same though.

Here's an old post from me where I refer to what's listed in the manual as differences between the editions - https://www.magix.info/us/forum/no-piano-roll-in-acid-studio-11--1304041/#ca1801664 - the big difference for me was no ability to record automation.

I'd say there's almost nothing at the core level that's different between AP10 and 11. I believe some of the DLLs are indeed the same versions even(!). However, anecdotally I'd say I'd seen better stability with AP11 over 10. But, I'll add a massive caveat there. recently with AP11 I have been using a much reduced set of core plugins that I know, from experience, work well with Acid and have great stability. My last big mix session in AP11 I could have open constantly for days without a single issue. Perhaps if I'd used those same plugins in AP10 I would see the exact same stability. There has been at least one very minor bug fix for AP11 though, that I don't think has been back-ported to AP10, so there's that....

Personally, AP7 isn't for me, primarily because it's 32bit and that really hinders working on big projects, like I was pushing AP7 to the point where I couldn't add any more media to a project without taking it over the 4gb application limit, and attempting to do so would cause it to crash. It was a dead-end for me. Your mileage may vary. Others swear by it, if it works for them who am I to say they're wrong? :)

@sheppo

Thank you for this update and review of previous post info linked that I checked out. Answered so many questions! THANK YOU!

I replied to you there also, but the list was super useful and makes me realize that I don't need to be using/loading ACID Music Studio since I have AP10! Lots more useful features to have!

Thank you both for the help and clarification on things wondering about in my Magix return.

Take care, be safe, be happy, make music!

GRB wrote on 6/14/2023, 3:20 PM

Now I'd like to see one of those detailed feature lists between AP10 vs AP11.....

But I guess probably more importantly will be a feature list for AP11 vs AP12 ! ! ! !

Here's to a productive and positive ACID Pro future :)

SP. wrote on 6/14/2023, 4:50 PM

@GRB

Now I'd like to see one of those detailed feature lists between AP10 vs AP11....

There is not much difference. ACID Pro 11 has some bug fixes and additional store content and the Brainworx Plugins. I think that's all.