Acid Pro 10 Suite

Brad-Dassey wrote on 9/16/2021, 5:32 PM

I have a couple problems since I upgraded from Acid Music Studio to Acid Pro. I completely removed and installed a fresh copy already, just in case you're wondering.

I have 32 GB Ram, 2 TB Solid State hard drive, it's a chip kind, not the actual slim hard drive, I also have a ton of processor. This thing is beefed up and barely uses any memory and or processing. I'm still having issues with certain plugins seeming to freeze up the Acid Pro Suite program to where I have to force close and re open, mainly with VST plugins, like VST 3. Is there a specific kind I'm supposed to be using? VST 32 or 64, or VST3? Ultimately, I didn't think it mattered. Just curious if that's causing issues.

Also, I have Fab Filter Pro Q 3 plugin and others from iZotope. I'll go to set a preset in my audio chain and I'll add another FX plugin such as reverb, compressor, what have you. I noticed that my preset from my previously set plugins defaults back to nothing as if I just added the plugin and it's waiting for me to set a preset. Somehow it just cancels out and defaults back to what it first was set at when you first add it. I'm just lost on this. At first I thought it was just an iZotope thing, but I tried putting, "vocal" EQ effect on the Pro Q3 and sure enough, it's not vocal anymore, it's "default" which is zeroed out, nothing. No effect.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Windows 10, 64, fully updated.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 9/17/2021, 4:15 AM

Hi @Brad-Dassey

In terms of plugins VST2/VST3 64bit are natively supported in the application, so it's better to use those. Acid does support 32bit plugins, but these go via a plugin bridge tool. It shouldn't matter if you use 32bit plugins, but if you're going to see issues it would more likely be on older plugins. I personally find it useful to install all my plugins to a custom folders for 32bit and 64bit, and then if I hit issues with a plugin later it's easier to pull it out.

Regarding adding plugins, there is a bug currently whereby when you add a plugin to a plugin chain through the FX+ button you will experience other plugins on the same chain having their settings reset. There is a workaround. Open the plugin manager, and drag plugin from the plugin manager to the FX chain. You can drag to a channel on the timeline, a channel in the mixer, or to the actual FX chain. This is a known issue with Magix so expect this will be fixed in the next update.

You PC spec seems somewhat similar to mine, I have 32 cores, 64 threads modern CPU. a lot of DAWs and plugins don't cope too well with lots of CPU cores / threads. For example I will start to hear playback issues way before my CPU gets even 10% utilised - even in other DAWs. The best you can do is to look at increasing the buffer size in Options -> Preferences -> Audio Device -> playback buffering.

• If you're using Microsoft Sound Mapper you can also click through to advanced there are more options for buffers, and buffer size.
  • If you're using an ASIO device, there are separate buffer size options there
Brad-Dassey wrote on 9/17/2021, 5:18 PM

Thanks for the workaround. I guess it will have to do for now. I used to use Sony Acid Music Studio 16 or 9, whatever one it was, then I just thought, it was offering me to update to this Suite copy for $99 bucks since I already had a bunch of other stuff, etc. So I figured yeah. Then all this happened, I didn't realize it even did that. I wonder how many other songs got messed up now... Hmmmmmm. Anyway, thanks for the insight!